Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Denise
Level 8

Re: Changes to TT

Solved! Jump to solution

@Pat I agree with you about requests going unanswered because Pros don't know what the cost of the quote will end up being. I saw a big job posted in one of my catergories. I was hesitant about sending in a request because I know itwill more than likely end up costing me $50 if the client responds. Then, Lo and behold! I open my regualr email and saw that this same client emailed me directly from Yelp... for free. I was glad I held off on sendiing a quote via TT. 

Another thing is the new standards for response times. If I don't respond to a request within the 1st 2 hours, I am not sending in a quote because it increases my respond time stats. I think this is so silly. Now another reason to avoid sending in a quote is because too many hours have passed and respondng to a request posted the day before can make you lose your Top Pro Status. So, more Pros will leave requests unanswered because of this silly new standard that has been imposed on us. A race to the bottom. 

revbrian
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

@Denise "A race to the bottom."

Exactly my fear now. It may be a way to thin out the heard, but at what cost to TT in both revenue and reputation?

revbrian
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

@Pat Yes indeed.

Ecstasy
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I’m very dissatisfied and upset. The rate increases are more than my small business can afford when a customer contacts 4 pros then cancels the job. There’s too many looky lols to afford this
Dino
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

I loved TT when I first started using it early this year. I don't use it that much now when TT WANTS 15 TO BID ON A 20 LAWN...when I first started using it it was 3.35 to bid.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Eray
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree that the new automatic referrals are confusing and I don's seem to be getting as much traffic. I don't understand what the potential customers are being sent since I used to taylor each of my replies to their needs and have many templates for that purpose.  Anyone that can explain this to me would be much appreciated.  How do I get the ability to continue to taylor my responses for the best results?      

Denise
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

@Eray I have the same concerns regarding the amount of traffic. I used to send out 10 - 15 quotes on a daily basis in the past for this time of year. Now there are WAY LESS requests coming in for all my categories. I don't know if the case is that i am receiving less requests or is it that less people are using Thumbtack to find pros in general.

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been using TT for a couple of years and at first it was great.  Some people didn't like the credit thing, I personally liked it, since it gave me the flexibility to send quotes out to the job I wanted, with the max of 5 quotes for that job.  I was able to land quite a few jobs that way, then things started changing for the worse - Insta quotes and setting budgets for leads that I don't even want to reply to.

Now, the latest fun they have done is probably the last straw for me.
Hey TT - not everybody lives in a big city to where they can charge crazy high prices for being a DJ.  Set my budget to $50 a week and it tells me I get 1 lead - WOW only 1 , thats  4 for $200 in a month with no hint of getting the job.  That is nuts.   Looking back in my billing, I use to pay around $10-$15 to send a quote, now its $50?  I don't think so.  And I still don't get notified if someone else landed the job that I sent a quote to.

I got 1 event over the last 6 months and now with this latest change, I think I can actually see the writing on the wall to possibly go back to a different service that is on a per month fee that is way lower than $50 per lead to get unlimited number of contacts from prospective clients.

Sad!

Solved! Jump to solution
Not at all pleased with the quadrupling of cost for a potential new client. I'm on the verge of closing the doors to what I've worked so hard to achieve. No clue where they get these sliding scale costs to bid, especially when you can get thank you as a reply and pay $47! Majority of the accounts i have are only $90-120 each! It's absurd to pay half the cost of an account to take a chance. I would rather purchase credits and pay for the bids that way as started and was loving Thumbtack and able to build my small business. Now, Thumbtack is destroying everything i ga e them praises for only 2yrs ago
jcp
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution
Triplejcleaning - I am a fellow Pro - video and photos - who experienced great success the last 4 years. I averages a booking every 3or 4 quotes. I would see lots and lots of requests for Bar Mitzvahs - now never see. My business dropped off 99% because of the triple price and increase in amount of leads. I booked Zero in October. I am sorry to read so many people here that have been successful Pros now are suffering greatly - like myself. I have other options but a lot of you out here don’t have that and now are seriously suffering a loss because of changes with a services you’ve felt confident with. If anything, it was reassuring when I learned that I wasn’t the only one. TT says they are working on things to help us and “in a few months” we should see some changes. A few months???? Too late. We who suffered a loss since May - six months ago - don’t understand that. I wish there was something I could do for you and myself. I’ve spoke up and written in “suggestions” with no avail. After six months of declining business - As you have indicated as well - we really have to see the reality and look for other options to be successful. It’s truly unfortunate and I’m sorry we both have suffered. Don’t give up - but don’t stay stuck.... look for other means and keep moving forward. You were successful for a reason - this platform unfortunately has changed and to stand out or really be personally matched - not generated - is not the direction TT Is choosing to go anymore. Increasing cost three to four times is not helpful - especially for small business. That is clear. That is fact. Just keep moving forward- I can only hope that TT finds a way to return to a format that made so many of us successful. But if this new format and changes are helping TT profit now - - our voices don’t really matter. There will always be new people trying TT to generate revenue. Why any one would believe that triple prices- increase competition- let alone all the other random changes - is helpful to us Pros is hard to comprehend. I’m with you! All my best for you .....