Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Changes to TT

Solved! Jump to solution
I got 4 emails after posting this telling me that it only LOOKS like prices have gone up, but they haven't really. You can't argue with the math I posted here, and it entirely misses the point, which was it should be transparent BEFORE you are charged how much it will cost if someone responds to your quote.

Solved! Jump to solution

I adore transparency and really loathe the lack of it.  Transparency is part of what convinced me to start with Thumbtack to begin with.

Shareen Mann
Freelance writer and editor with The Write Mann, LLC
jepcarpentry
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
You can see exactly how much the contact will cost. Its listed at the top of the request when you click "learn more".

The problem is more the definition of "contact". A customer asking what my lead time is, does not constitute a contact in my book. A customer setting up an appointment to meet with me or asking me to call where I have a true opportunity to 'sell'.....that's a contact.
0 Kudos
Denise
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

Taking away the ability to quote with a customized template is one of the worse changes for me. So many clients have specific needs and now I can't send them a custom template/quote that let them know I understand exactly what they are looking for. In my line of work, pictures are everything and I used to be able to send 24 pics with every quote. And now I would have to attach the 24 pics separately if I chose to send an additional message along with the intro and profile. TT is supposed to make my life easier. Having to manually create an additional message and scroll through endless pics on my phone when I am on the run to find the perfect images to convice the client I know exactly what they are looking for is not my idea of making things easier for a professional paying a lot of money to use this service. 

RoseMort
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

That's a great example of "one size does not fit all." I wish Thumbtack would see that.

Highlighted
Bubba
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I have been with Thumbtack for many years. It would cost $1.47 per credit. At the most 5 credits to send a bid. Now it cost $27 to send a bid. Back then only 5 pros could bid. Now it’s ridiculous. They keep making it harder for us to land a job but they are ok with it because now they make twice as much money per bid and more pros can bid so that’s even more money. They try to tell us we only get charged if the customer responds. It’s always been that way. Before we would get a refund if they didn’t respond. Nothing has changed but they still charge us more. Now that more pros can bid on the same job I’m losing Business. Thumbtack has turned into Angieslist.
Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for this feedback, @Bubba.

Just wanted to clear something up about prices: while it might appear as though prices have gone up, keep in mind that we're now charging you only for customer contacts.  In other words, you're no longer paying to send a quote; you're only paying when a customer messages you back and shows intent to move forward.  Understandably, the price of a contact is higher than the price of a quote, since it's a more valuable lead: the customer is closer to making a hiring decision, since they've taken the proactive step of sending you a personal message.  

This video does a really great job explaining the difference:

https://youtu.be/ZufuCw174Do?list=PLPz1npTzydS6nUOOsWYq-nJmNWvvqTrTO

Does that make sense?

Thanks again for weighing in! Keep the comments coming!

jambauer
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I understand that we are only paying when a customer messages us back , but example AC estimate was about $20 . Now $75 and the customer " says when is your next available appointment? " The pro messages them back , and you never hear back from customer. I don't mind the new way or the prices , I would like more information, you are calling this a contact? Well not really, I'd like a phone number, if I'm paying for a lead why shouldn't I get a lead? Customer could just say hello and I'm charged. But I'm not complaining I made top pro in 4 months. And I've made a lot of$$$$ from this site . I just like more information . As a requirement on customers end. A lot of my customers had no clue I had to pay for there request.
DrJay
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I had one person request a quote, and I gave one and they immediately canceled the request.  Then another person request a quote for a job on the same day as the last, I end up getting that one only to find out both requests were from the same people and I paid twice for one job.  

DrJay
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

What you are saying does not go along with what I am seeing.  I reply to a customer that has contacted me, and it cost more money to reply to this person, and then I find out they are already dealing with another pro??  I thought they were interested in me, not someone else.  I have wasted money doing this and refuse to contact anyone like this again.  It appears to be about getting money out of more pros on one job request.  This boat is sinking fast!!!