Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Re: Changes to TT

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi again @DrJay - You will never be charged more than once for the same contact - ie, you are only charged when the customer contacts you - you are not charged to contact them - you can send them as many messages as youwould like, and there will be no charge. If you feel you have been double charged, let me know and I can look in to it for you - but that is definitely not how the system works Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
RoseMort
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

A lot of people make duplicate accounts when their event details change, say from Saturday to Sunday. If they can't figure out how to edit their original quote, they will make a new account and send a new request. And why not? It doesn't cost the customer anything to request. This has happened to me several times. For example, I'll get a request from "Jessica A." and then the next day another request from "Jessica A."

Fortunately, Thumbtack has refunded me when I brought this to their attention. If Thumbtack would charge the customer a nominal fee, refundable if they hire a Thumbtack Pro, it would reduce the instances of this happening.

Aznotary2you
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

EXCELLENT IDEA!  Now will Thumbtack acknowlege it and actually try it or will they just ignor it like they seem to do with all the other suggestions they seem to get???? Only time will tell I guess.

0 Kudos
PattyB6
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I saw one customer place 3 requests for a wedding officiant over the course of a week. At this point she has sent messages to 12 pros. Of course, what she doesn't realize is that with Instant Match, she is simply receiving the exact same quotes (at least 10 out of 15) on every request. She is obviously price shopping and hoping for something different every time she puts in a request. For her last request she did get pretty much the same 10 Instant Matches but she did receive 5 from pros who send their own quotes. I hope she finds what she's looking for!

revbrian
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

@PattyB6 You do have to keep your eyes open for junk like this.

Unfortunately, TT does not provide a way for us to report what we think might be "fake" quote requests, do they?

0 Kudos
Moderator Jordan

Solved! Jump to solution

@revbrian we do actually. Steps are right here in our Help Center: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/reporting-suspicious-activity. You can also reach out to our support team - right now, Facebook is a quick way to contact us.

0 Kudos
revbrian
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

@Jordan Shows you how often I have used that feature - Never!!!

Ok. I'll keep a watch for this in the future.

Thanks.

Denise
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

@studio656west 3x as much is a joke. I was paying $3.33 for one quote. Then they raised it to $5.01 for a quote. Now the SAME quote can cost me up to $46!!!! This is more like FOURTEEN TIMES the price for the SAME projects. Who raises their prices by 1,400% without increasing the profits or improving the experience for their clients? I can't believe TT doesn't think there will be blowback for this. 

Solved! Jump to solution

Jason, 

While TT may only be charging those who are contacted, I noticed that NOW clients actually contact as many as 10!!! pros on a quote... how nice for TT that EVERY one of those contacts is  paying TRIPLE PER contact what TT is NOW making on a pro quote. Are the clients ENCOURAGED now to contact as many pros as possible? More $ for TT..NO money for Pros.

If I charge $150 for a headshot (believe me , I charge MORE in the real world,) I am charged $20 for that quote (if I get the bid against 15 other bidders)..so I make $130 on a head shot I charge $275 for  in the real world. If I don't get the contract but the client is a looky- loo like SO many are, I just threw $20 in the garbage. It seems I'd do better on the street with a backdrop setup and a single light..

Leigh Clifton

Studio656West

Solved! Jump to solution

I am also a photographer and feel the same way-I see no point in bidding on head shots for people with lower budgets at this point. I forgot I even have the instant match turned on for Head Shots and received a message about an interested customer-the message was from a guy in another state who wanted the photographer to also recruit models for him to do the photos of for the $175 price I had lol! I ignored the message then found I was charged $15-they are refunding this thankfully but to have to take the time to message them any time something like that happens is ridiculous and it used to cost about $5-6 for a small job like that. If I am getting charged 3x5 times more then how is it even a benefite we 'only get charged' when contacted. At least I need to know how much ahead of time it shouldn't make a difference how they contact that part makes me the most frustrated. If I add $60 in a week for my google ad how many more contacts might I get? 

I also wish wish they would separate Wedding from Private/Corporate I don't do many weddings and if I did I would not bid on them here as people often talk to so many photographers about weddings I would be broke quickly. Glad to see others have the same issues I hope they will change again