Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Denise
Level 8

Re: Thumbtack Improvements

Solved! Jump to solution

@bonnie_bill I fully agree with the KISS method! I used to refer tons of my collegues and many small business owners I encountered to TT. I could explain it plain and simple and the person would get it! 

Exactly how do you explain this new system in an elevator pictch? If people have to sit with a pen and paper and draw diagrams to figure out how this thing works, I am not ever recruiting business owners to this conundrum. They will end up hating me for all the money lost, the feeling of being cheated and think I somehow benefitted from them signing up and losing money.

I have had trememndous success with the old Thumbtack. I have booked 943 clients and still don't quite get this new system. How can I ever recommend this new foolery to people I would like to maintain a good relationship with?

bonnie_bill
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree completely @Denise . I did not refer anyone previously because I needed to see the platform produce some amount of net profit not just recycling gross monies. I could not make a profit with all of the failed bids. The ones I landed were great and I made money. But not if you added the cost in of the failed bids.

Somewhere down deep I feel TT will have to find a formula that benefits the Pros or it will always be just a churning the everchanging model trying to maintain their short term profits while they lose more long term quality Pros. 

Denise
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

@bonnie_bill You are correct. It is the long term business relationships with the pros that will keep Thumbtack successful. If the pros that have spent thousands get fed up and leave, TT will have to keep recruiting new pros to replace us. The new ones won't stay for long because they won't be somewhat committed as we are as a result of our nostalgia for the way things used to be. There are too many other platforms that we can use for free, low cost or that take a commission for jobs that they actually LAND us. 

I just did my first event with Kazzam this weekend. Never heard of them before they contacted me, but I love their motto! "Bookings not leads!" They took a 20 commission which was fine with me because I was able to increase my price to reflect that 20%. So their gig cost me $0 and they did all the work. Can't say the same about TT. I do all the work to book the client. And worst of all, I pay for silly questions that the client wouldn't ask if they simply took the time to read even half of my well-written quote!

Re: Changes to TT

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm not sure what is going on with Thumbtack. I have a roofing company located in Sarasota, FL. There was a time when Thumbtack was the best lead service I had. I was getting jobs regularly from them and the costs were low and the app was simple to use. Now, Thumbtack is one of the worst lead services I have and one of the most expensive and the app is difficult to use. I have seen less and less people inquiring on Thumbtack and when inquiries are posted I see less and less pro's are even responding to people. I get on and see a job posted and its been there for a day and nobody has responded. This tells me Thumbtack is not working well for other pros either and they are choosing not to use it or are having trouble receiving alerts for leads.