results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Denise
Level 8

Re: Changes to TT

Solved! Jump to solution

@groomserviceinc Telling them not to mark you as hired is certainly a loophole. I wonder, after they have charged us for the contact and weeks later a client marks us as booked, do they go back and take more money after the client books us later down the line. 

I was contacted by a client I sent a quote to weeks ago. She contacted a bunch of pros weeks after she sent out the original request. I wonder how we are charged for clients that contact us weeks or months after we sent the quote. 

Isn't it crazy how ambiguous this pricing system is?

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

This past Thursday, I received the following email. It was notifying me of changes to my category, editing. As of yesterday, the Editing category disappeared. I no longer have a category on Thumbtack! If this doesn't get resolved, I'll have to go elsewhere. Thumbtack, you were so good to me!

Hi Janet,

Based on recent feedback from pros and customers, we're simplifying some categories on Thumbtack to make things easier for everyone. You quote in one or more of these categories, so we wanted to let you know about the changes in advance.

What's changing?

• Streamlined categories.
    On June 18, 2018, we'll consolidate the Writing Services, Web Content Writing, Blog Writing, and Editing categories into a single Writing Services category.
  • Simplified control.
    Your request preferences let you control the types of jobs you see. Be sure to review your Writing Services preference settings to continue receiving requests for the jobs you want.

Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

@myfriendjanet Hi!

If you go to your Services tab and click Add Service a search bar will pop up. Search Writing Services and add that. In the settings of that service you'll be able to select the types of editting you want to do.

If you need help feel free to direct message me and I can walk you through it.

Hope this helps!

Anything else I can help you with?

Dusti

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for the response, Dusti. It's not that I don't know how to add a category. It is simply the fact that Thumbtack made changes to the categories and my Editing Services category is not available anymore. The Writing Services category is not applicable l for me in its current state. I spent over an hour yesterday trying different Services categories. None apply to my Editing category anymore. I put a suggestion in the Suggestion Box.

Solved! Jump to solution

I previously had three different types of writing and editing services listed and today I see that they have been merged into one "writing services" service.  Writing services (including editing) are not all the same, and I'm not seeing any place to designate what kind of writing and editing services potential clients should contact me for.

I'm a little worried about getting contacted by people who haven't adequately read my profile, who are looking for something I don't do, and then getting charged for it.

Related question:  If I don't have instant match turned on, will I be visible to anyone looking for writing services, or will I only be visible to people I send bids to?

Shareen Mann
Freelance writer and editor with The Write Mann, LLC

Solved! Jump to solution

Thumbtack is no longer compatible with my business anymore. We started using it about 3 years ago and it was wonderful, transparent and "Simple" ( I will get back to that word simple in a few ) In short order we became Thumbtack Top Pro 3 years in a row, I got the silly keychain and sticker to proove it. 

Recent and continued changes have made the platform incompatible with my business, to the point that I now pass on everything and basically have put my account in a coma. I'm reticent to completely shut it down only because I spent so much time developing a profile and acquiring reviews, and originally I was such a big supporter of the original platform. Thumbtacks claim that they are doing all this to "simplify" and answer their pros request is bull**bleep**. They are doing this to monetize more and make the pricing as confusing as possible plain and simple.

Oddly after a few weeks of not opting to set up instant match or the new pricing / category features I'm no longer getting quote requests, which is fine with me and makes my Thumbtack stress all but gone. 

Goodby Thumbtack it was nice while it lasted. 

Denise
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

@groomserviceinc @DustiO Hi Dusti, I too have noticed a drastic decrease in requests. Is this because I disabled my instant match or is it something else? Are the pros using instant match getting more traffic than the ones without IM?

0 Kudos
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

@Denise There shouldn't be a decrease. If you want to direct message me the email address associated with your account I can look it up and check your settings!

0 Kudos
Pat
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

Here's a quick question, if the changes are so super for both the clients and the pro, why do you suppose when I opened TT there are 61 requests, some from days ago, and most say 0 pros contacted, a few with 1 or 2 pros contacted. 

A lot are smaller jobs.....that once upon a time we responded to. Jobs that would only command $150-200. Simple basic repairs, but since no one knows how much responding is going to cost, these requests go unanswered.

Saddest part is, it is these small jobs that get you in with a homeowner. Next time they need someone, they call you. But with nobody home, they are not even coming back to TT. JS

Solved! Jump to solution
Yes I am a photographer and we get a lot of requests in the 150-250 range that I now wont bid on and Im guessing few others are either at best I would need to bid at the top of their budget so I dont bother . Really hoping they will be forced to change back.