Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

Circling back to self-care.

Back in May, I wrote a post about Mental Health Awareness Month. I talked about the importance of self-care and how it helps me when life begins to get hectic. Since then, I’ve tried to make self-care an even higher priority. It’s made all the difference for me! Life gets busy, and for me personally, fall always seems to be the busiest time of year. During this busy time, I’m making it a goal to continue to practice self-care as it’s something that helps me tremendously. Here are a few things I’ve been doing:

• Meditation. I have a hard time shutting my brain off so meditation has become a huge challenge for me. I’ve always enjoyed meditating, however, it’s taken a lot of time to do it correctly in order to see the benefits. What’s helped me is truly making it a priority. I schedule in 15 minutes each day to step away from all of the stress and just breathe. By doing that, I’ve found that I am more focused, aware, and have more energy.

• Journal writing. Last month, I had a woman tell me “Journal writing is the best form of self-care anyone can do.” After I sat there and thought about it for a minute, I realized that she was absolutely right! You can get out whatever you’re thinking on a sheet of paper wherever you are and whenever you want. Are you stressed? Write about it. Are you overwhelmed? Write about it. Something about getting your thoughts down on paper really is so relieving. Something I’ve found helpful is always having a journal with or near me. That way, it’s accessible whenever I need it.

• Making time for the things I enjoy. We all have those things that we love to do, but we don’t have time for it anymore. I caught myself saying that pretty often and one day I had a thought in my head that screamed, “make time!” I wasn’t prioritizing myself and the things that I enjoy the most. That being said, I made it a priority to do something that I enjoyed once a week. If I only have time for one hour, I just do something for an hour. If I have time to take a whole day to myself, I plan a day full of all of my favorite things. 

I would love to hear from you guys!  A lot of you have very hectic schedules, which can be stressful. What have you noticed that you struggle with and what do you do to take care of it? Do you make time to practice self-care? If so, what are some of your favorite forms? What advice do you have for other pros who may be struggling to find time for self-care?

@ramiehaas de-stressing is an area that you excel in! Do you have any tips for other pros on how they can incorporate this into their workday?

3 responses
TackMaster ramiehaas
TackMaster

Re: Circling back to self-care.

When one gets overwhelmed one can STOP, and believe it or not this is so key to be excited about because you are AWARE! The greatest gift is to be the witness of your own mind.  Then one can choose many natural tools to help oneself in the moment.  If it is safe ground yourself,  place your feet flat on the floor (uncrossed legs) and close your eyes and imagine cords from the center of your feet down, down into Mother Earth and pause,  then imagine/pretend/sense the cords coming back up through Mother Earth with all the energy she offers up through the legs, into the heart, pause and then imagine the energy rising out of the crown visualizing yourself grounded, connected and this alone will clear the overwhelm.   

Another tool I like is to tap my thymus the space above the heart,  gently tapping on your chest and saying to yourself,  I notice that I am _____________________ and now that I notice I can be aware that I choose to tap out my anxiety, fear, confusion or anger.  This one is especially good when driving, standing in line, waiting on the phone or a time you feel annoyed.  

Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

@ramiehaas I use the tapping tool and the grounding tool ALL THE TIME since I learned them from you at our meet-up. Incredible what such a simple act can do to calm you down.

Thank you!

TackMaster ramiehaas
TackMaster

I know and so glad you are applying these simple techniques.  

Let me know if I can be of service for our community, I would love to be the Wellness Expert.  

I can see videos and a guided meditation weekly online for those who want to experience a bit of peace, calm, and focus.