Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Meckell

Congratulations to our Contest Winners!

Thank you to all who participated in our recent contest. We appreciate the effort that went into each of your posts!

With that, here are our winners…

@tharonhoffman Your post received the most kudos- congratulations! You received a $100 Thumbtack credit in your account.

@ed_locksmith  Your post was chosen by us! It was a tough decision with all of the excellent resources that surfaced, but we were inspired by the lesson that came with it. You received a $50 Thumbtack credit in your account.

His book recommendation was Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway. Here’s his reflection on it: “This book is a must read for anyone who has doubt and procrastination, or suffers from paralysis by analysis.  I had no idea how much internal fears affect the way you handle situations in your life both for work and personally.”

We received a lot of great feedback on this contest and are looking forward to having more in the near future. Keep an eye out here in the Community for those!

Here are some more great resources shared by other pros:

Rise and Grind by Daymond John recommended by @AugustPOPS 

Born to Win by Zig Ziglar recommended by @KimKosteck 

Fountainhead by Ayn Rand recommended by @Cassiendee

TED Talk Fear-Setting by Tim Ferris recommended by @lorax1377 

The Power of Habit: Why we do what we do in life and business by Charles Duhigg recommended by @caseyjean 

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff About Money by Richard Carlson recommended by @DJZest_LBC 

Marketing Over Coffee Podcast recommended by @JuneWish 

3 responses

Re: Congratulations to our Contest Winners!

Wow It just goes to shoe you the rewards one receives when you let God take the wheel and share with others the experience of riding through life when God has control.
Thank you Thumbtack I enjoyed sharing with everyone I also got some great advise from others on some must read books and some inspirational lectures I need to make time for. Once again thank you.
Tharon Hoffman
Cable Guy Communications
ed_locksmith
Level 5

Tharon,

Congratulations on winning the contest!  God really does provide and your willingness to share this good news is a strong testimony of your faith.  Thank you for sharing and for being part of this group.

God Bless you and your family

Ernesto

At Home Keys Locksmith

ed_locksmith
Level 5

Oh my goodness! Thank you!  The decision was tough with all the great suggestions.  I am honored to be selected.  This is an awesome forum with lots of very nice people helping people.  I look forward to learning and sharing with all of you.  Mekell, thank you for putting on this contest.  It was fun and insightful.

Cheers everyone!