Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
Restora-Rug
Level 4

Re: Congratulations to our July 2019 class of Top Pros!

Congrats to all who made it! It’s not easy to earn this award, but we do it because we stay committed and love what we do. James with Restora-Rug Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning NYC here.
J_Kern_Photo
Level 4

Great to be in good company again Smiley Very Happy

caseyjean
Level 5

CELEBRATING - Top Pro July 2019

Hi everyone! I'm celebrating my first Top Pro award. I'm a private yoga instructor based in Charlotte, North Carolina.  

While I had a Thumbtack account for longer, I only started actively using it in October 2019.  Since then it has been my primary source of generating leads and from there, consistent clients! 

TIPS:

• PROFILE: Your profile is like an interview; put your best foot forward. Be clear and concise with your wording so that it is descriptive & informative, yet not overwhelming or too wordy.  Quality pictures of you, and your work.  Request detailed and genuine reviews from your clients - don't be bashful. 
  • COMMUNICATION: Be responsive, don't leave them hanging.  Of course prioritize your own wellbeing, but be sure to stay on top of your notifications.  We can now save templates for quick & easy messaging; set up a few generic + easily editable ones so that you can respond quickly and intentionally, but without reinventing the wheel each time.  Know that people communicate differently so offer phone call + email + maybe even text if you're comfortable with that.
  • JOBS: Check the jobs tab frequently; often I will see that there are people out there in limbo - they've sent a request to perhaps just 1 pro (or maybe a few) and that NO ONE has responded to them yet. This is your opportunity to connect, cue music "jump on it!"
  • FOLLOW UP: I can't stress this enough. Follow - up - with - your - leads.  People get busy, distracted, and depending on what service your providing - people often are reluctant or afraid to take action when it comes to investing in themselves, so do them and yourself a favor and follow up.  (again, utilize the templates)
  • SCHEDULING: Make scheudling as simple as possible; no one wants to go back and forth a lot.  In your first message to them begin to establish your scheudling process - maybe you link them to your scheduling platform, or throw out a few sugguested times based on their availability.  Create a process that works for you, and implement.
    PROTECT YO SELF: I've read from other pros and experienced it myself - no shows or cancellations.  Protect yourself from this again, by having a process.  You may decide to keep a card on file so you can charge a late/cancellation fee, or maybe you require payment upfront.  Either way, establish a process so that you protect your time, money, and wellbeing.

Congratulations to everyone who has been awarded top pro! Pat yourself on the back, take time to celebrate, share your victory with others, and keep on keeping on!

_DSC4124-Edit-4.jpg

StvRich
Level 6

Re: CELEBRATING - Top Pro July 2019

Yup!
"Celebrate"
....Hm.... I might just go buy me a box of "Devils Food" double-chocolate donuts & a pint of milk and eat the WHOLE box!
er~ maybe HALF the box...
But I think this calls for chocolate!
0 Kudos
StvRich
Level 6

Thank YOU MarcoooooooooooooooooooooOH!
-
;-)
0 Kudos
AugustPOPS
Level 4

My name is Jo-Ann and I own AugustPOPS, Professional Organizing and Planning Services.
I am a Home and Business Organizer. I’ve also branched out to handling Research and Administrative and Business Management Projects.
Keys to my Success:
- Taking the time to have a GREAT profile (I am lucky to have worked at CNN and graduated from NYU - helps to build credibility)
- Responding to potential clients IMMEDIATELY (even 3am)
- Reaching out to all appropriate requests that show up on my feed with a very positive response. I use the same response for all. It works.
- Requesting reviews.
- I NEVER “sell” myself when I speak to a potential client.
-I always try to pay my good fortune forward

What I could work on:
- I need to finish my website (I am grateful that I’ve been too busy)
- Put more pictures on my Thumbtack

I am very grateful for Thumbtack as a platform for my business. I get 100% of my work from here. And,I have had consistent full-time work since October.

Highlighted

Congratulations to all that earned top pro. I’m privileged to be amongst the top again. Keep up the great work everyone.
StvRich
Level 6

Me Too!
...........What YOU said.
0 Kudos
StvRich
Level 6

Thank YOU Drew!
You guys are doing some good work at T.T.

Glad I found you.
Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
LizieRey
Level 4

Lizie Rey Makeup & Hair - New York Based!