Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Meckell

Contest Alert - Win $100 in Thumbtack credit!

Hey Pros, we want to hear from you!

As you know, the Community is a great place for pros to connect with each other and share ideas. We want to hear those ideas and have a fun contest for you!

All you need to do is respond to this post and share 3 things in 1 post:

• a book/podcast/TED Talk/etc. that has made the biggest impact on your growth as a local business owner (bonus points if you include a link)
  • the lesson it taught you
  • why you’d recommend it to another Thumbtack pro

The contest will be live for ONE week (ending Wednesday, July 24 at 12pm PST) and winners will be announced on Friday, July 26.

Of course, there will be prizes! We will be selecting 2 pros to win some Thumbtack credit.

The first winner will be the pro whose post received the most kudos so if you see a post you like, give it a thumbs up! This pro will receive $100 in Thumbtack credit

The second winner will be the post of our choosing that we feel has a particularly inspiring lesson that other pros can learn from. This pro will receive $50 in Thumbtack credit.

Happy posting!

Fine Print

• Stay within the Community Guidelines
  • Make sure your post is just about the contest (posts that stray into different topics will be removed and you will not be eligible for the Thumbtack credit.)
  • Only one post per pro. If you have multiple lessons to share, we’d love to hear it as a community discussion topic!

Terms and Conditions apply

16 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Contest Alert - Win $100 in Thumbtack credit!

Don't forget to post on this thread if you want a chance to win some Thumbtack credit! 

0 Kudos
awesomegod52
Level 4

Sounds awesome and right up my alley as a Top Pro.

Please tell me how to exactly post for this contest.
0 Kudos
awesomegod52
Level 4

Hi Merrick! Sounds awesome. Can you give me the 3 step process to post for this contest please?
0 Kudos
AugustPOPS
Level 4

Daymond John’s book “Rise & Grind.”
https://www.google.com/search?q=daymond+john+rise+and+grind&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Daymond has been very inspirational to me. I had a chance to see him live. It was not a huge event, but his presentation was huge! Music, a storyline, theatrics. It showed that he had respect for who ever his audience may be.
His book, in writing, offers the same. It reminds me to be who I am, no matter who my audience is. I have clients who are multi-millionaires and others who are middle class. I give my all to each client. As a home/business organizer, I find that empathic listening, advice and support go hand-in-hand with the organizing, assisting, research, etc. Daymond’s book shows that there are no boundaries, no limits, no distractions that are insurmountable. So, I go into every project with a sense of purpose and a strong belief that I can make a difference way beyond getting rid of clutter.
ed_locksmith
Level 5

Great Contest!  For all you pros out there that have hestiation in your life, here is a good read for you:

1. Feel the fear and do it anyway by susan jeffers.

2.  This book is a must read for anyone who has doubt and procrastination, or suffers from paralysis by analysis.  I had no idea how much internal fears affect the way you handle situations in your life both for work and personally.  This book taught me that fear is a normal part of life, and do not hide it, deal with it.  Confront it, release it, then take action to live the life you want to live.  You are free to succeed if you ae willing to let go of fear.

3.  I think all of us, in any kind of business want to break through things that hold us back.  Read this book and you will find good ways to get past your inhibitions, which will help you grow.

I hope this helps.  You all are awesome!  Have a great day!

Ernesto

At Home Keys Locksmith

Serving Orlando and surrounding counties in Central Florida

The one thing I can sa y that has effected my business the most over the years is my Faith in God. For me is my Lord almighty that has effected me and everything around me the most. No matter what you call him in your life it's the belief in a higher power that im talking about. 

My faith in my Lord has taught me that I have to believe in his power and believe that if I wake up everyday and try to do things that are good and try to be a honest, caring, ambitious, person who is willing to share my experience and relationship that I have with god. My life flourishes. 

I recommend living in a way that God asked if you. If you do have a belief that something out there Wants you to do your best and act kind and you believe that it really does want these things from you. The rewards are not cash although that is a byproduct. The rewards is something from inside its a feeling that you get and it ozzies from your pores it's the feeling of accomplishment of belonging and success in one's self. I recommend it to anyone. I also promise that if you pray each day and ask that your higher power guide your day and throughout that day you will live in a way he wants of you the rewards will come. Try it today close  your eyes and ask that his will be done in your life. Now go out and proceed with your day and keep trying to do everything that's good and right and at the end of the day take inventory and see how the day goes when you ask God to guide you. 

Highlighted
KimKosteck
Level 5

This contest really excites me! This is a subject I am truly passionate about... growth!
My number one “media” that has had the most impact on my growth in business is, hands down, Born to Win by Zig Ziglar https://www.ziglar.com/product/born-win-find-your-success-code/
It is hard to narrow down a single lesson it taught me as this book is jam packed wealth of knowledge covering subjects of sales, interacting with others and setting goals that will influence both your personal and professional life.
I would recommend this book only if you believe your service adds value to other people’s life, being successful in all aspects of your life is important, and you want the steps to unlock the power you already have within yourself to be the best you.
Kim Kosteck
Professional Organizer, Life Coach

“The greatest accomplishment is not never falling, but in rising again after you fall” - Vince Lombardi
pgrether
Level 6

Kim,

Zig Ziglar has always been one of my favorite success coaches! I was fortunate to see him speak at a business convention and what a treat! Anything by him is very helpful!

Paul Grether 

KimKosteck
Level 5

Hey there Paul! I couldn’t agree more! I was fortunate enough to be one of 20 entrepreneurs to go through the the Ziglar Legacy Certification Training. LIFE CHANGING. I own several books and audio books, but Born to Win is by far my favorite. Unfortunately, I was not introduced to his knowledge base until after his death, but his Legacy lives on!!
Kim Kosteck
Professional Organizer, Life Coach

“The greatest accomplishment is not never falling, but in rising again after you fall” - Vince Lombardi