Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
DrDPMoten
Level 4

Re: Contest Alert! Win $100 in Thumbtack credit!

Communication is an excellent way to ease all the concerns of the client.  

The clients want to know that you are on their page, and it is always great when you can add to their success! 

Communication gives me exactly what I need to present to the couple! I deal with couples who live in rural areas, high class areas, middle class areas, and all of them have their own ways of speech, and different mannerisms. From our first conversation, I know how to deal with each couple on their level. taking their backgrounds into consideration and incorporating it into their wedding! 

For the easy going, you must be nice and smooth... They enjoy levity during their service! 

For the Country living folk, you must be folksy, using language that is easy to for them to get behind! 

For the uptight, and those of high society fame, you must be critically on their side completely! Meaning, you have dotted every "I", crossed every "T", and even spruced up their event with things they didn't even think of. When dealing with the uptight, you know you have their confidence when they "let go" and let you run the event. Once they do that, you truly have made them comfortable! 

1 Corinthians 9:22 says, "...I have become all things to all people that I might by all means save some." As a pastor, you must be relatable to all people... It's their day, and your responsibility is to make it the best day of their lives! 

It is extremely nice when you ease their qualms, calm their fears, and perform in such a way, that all of the spectators and members of the party come up and give you high marks for what went on that day! Here's an example: I have come across people whom I have never met, and they tell me, "I was at Kim's wedding, and you were FABULOUS! My friends and I were talking about 3 things at that wedding: What type of gown Kim wore, how the food was, and YOU!" 

I always let those who hire me know that I am their servant, and they are the boss! Once those words come out of my mouth, it is as though a great weight has lifted off their shoulders! In your communication with your clients, you will find to a person, that they would much rather focus on other things for their special day. They are very happy to turn over the responsibility of their wedding to me the officiant! On the phone, in person, during rehearsals, I let them know "I've got it from here!" It is at that point that they must turn everything over to me and watch me work! Here is another example: I recently did a wedding 3 weeks ago, where I told the bride and groom during our conversation days before the wedding, "I don't ever do this... but I am going to give you a small look at what I will do during your wedding" Once they heard my words, the bride to be was bawling like a baby! Even the groom was seriously moved! Naturally, they left me a 5 Star review! 

I always let the couple being married know that this is the bride's day... Everything is about her! I tell them with a smile, that the groom is nobody! All he has to do is show up and stand by me! Those words alone take the pressure off the groom! After having someone who isn't with either family let the bride know that she is the star, is very encouraging to her. She then knows Dr. Moten has her best interest at heart! I customize each set of wedding vows to that particular couple, so no two weddings are exactly the same. 

I must tell you this: It is essential that during weddings, the officiant is in charge. Let me repeat that... YOU ARE IN CHARGE!!! One more example: I was performing a wedding in front of a large group of people. As I asked for the rings, the Best Man dropped them. I'd like to add that as a pastor for 37 years, I know when the people are excited to be at a wedding, and when people are just spectators, waiting to report everything that went on at a wedding. When they hit the floor, the people started gossiping and talking bad about the wedding... I immediately silenced the crowd, and started praying out loud... binding every foul and hindering spirit, spirits of bad luck that wanted to cause division and break up the marriage between the bride and groom, and that Jesus would protect them and their marriage (I am an Apostolic Pentecostal Holiness Pastor}. The bride and groom were so pleased and thankful that I took control of that situation, they gave me a $300 tip! 

When your service is the least amount of cost to the wedding party, yet you give them the absolute most memorable time of their lives, you have truly done your job as the officiant! You will be part of their memories forever... Being a warm, communicative, helpful pastor ensures that. Don't just show up to get paid... Show up to take part in making that day the happiest day of their lives! 

Dr. David P. Moten 

Vwitt
Level 4

I communicate daily with clients/patients in all forms. I use text or messaging app, phone, video conference, in person, and email. It may sound obvious but the best way, I find, to see what works for them is to offer the options and see which suits them best. Each patient/client is different with varying amounts of time. For instance, I have a patient in DC whom said she had no time to submit food and symptom diaries so I suggested she take images and tell me how she was feeling at that time via WhatsApp. Works get! I am in constant contact with her several times a day and she loves the support. 

0 Kudos
foryourparty
Level 4

Yes, in this times communication can be challenging and surprisingly easy with clients. I think it depends on each individual. For me, I go with the flow, specially when they're new clients.
I'm an event server, the classic kind of communication is through phone, getting to know what kind of event help they need and my experience. This preferred style of communication goes for clients in their 30's and more.
Now the 'texters', that's what I call them, is the young people in their 20's, this goes at the beginning phase unless I switch it to a phone call ( just to make sure everything's alright) but overall they send the event address and what my tasks would be by text messages.
There's very minimum face to face communication with clients for me. They're mostly the ones that suggest this and I always accept it. I would say it happens 2-3 times per year.
I learned to adapt to each individual's conformity, whether they want to talk, text, email or meet up, so far this is working for my kind of business.
Recently this costumer contacted me by text, then by phone and finally to secure the job asked me to meet her at the Penthouse in her building where the event would take place. She wanted to show me what she envisions and my tasks before they all arrived for this Retirement party.
After some more texts, calls and emails prior to the event, the DDay was a success, I got a great review out of this. So happy, so accomplished.
Finally my evaluation is as follows: I think texting is just a poor style. Personally prefer 3 communication patterns, by phone, texting and emailing, just because life gets in the way; sometimes we can't talk but we can read, or write longer and stuff.
Just my two cents as a Thumbtack pro.
Luis.
0 Kudos
coachanne
Level 4

I find that most of my potential clients like to use the Thumbtack messaging for the initial contact with me.  Usually they have a question about what I can do for them.  I do personal training.  I sometimes get inquiries along the lines of "will you work with me... I have limitations?".  I answer them on Thumbtack.  I think using the Thumbtack messaging makes them feel comfortable:  they have reached out but they aren't sure yet if I am a good match for them.  I try to make the next messages with them as personal as I can.  One potential client this summer was the mom of a teenage girl.  She sent me a message asking if I could help her daughter get ready for the fall sports season.  I said that I was very experienced working with teens.  Then she said that her daughter had a medical issue that needed to be worked around.  We exchanged a few back and forth messages as we got to know each other, me letting her know what other kinds of clients I had worked with, she telling me about her daughter.  In one message, she mentioned that her daughter was self-conscience about her height.  I told her that I was tall, too, and completely understood.  That signed the deal!  So I'd say that the way I adapt my communication is to start first with general desciptions of what I have done for clients, then when I hear back from a client, I try to decipher what kind of person they are and personallize my next messages as much as I can.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Thank you to everyone who participated in our contest! Winners will be announced later this week, so stay tuned! 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Our contest winners have been announced on this thread. Be sure to check it out! 

0 Kudos