Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
liza
Level 4

Customer Stevens M

Hi, if you see a job offer/inquiry from a Stevens M, please press pass, this guy is a hoax, he would respond once you connect thru thumbtack but then would ask for your phone. His project is just Payroll, so what he basically wants is for someone to invoice him, he will pay the invoice via credit card but you will need to send some other people the amount of money he paid you (less your fees) via ACH. He's playing it like you're doing payroll to his staffs.  What would happen is, after you see the amount funded in your account and then you release it to anyone of his cohorts, after some time, the credit card institution that he originally used to pay your invoice will dispute the amount as fraud and you would end up having to return that whole amount of money to the credit card but yet you have already sent the money to his cohorts.

Occupations (1)
States
3 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Customer Stevens M

@liza that type of activity is definitely not something we allow on the site as stated in our Terms of Use. We'd like to take a closer look into this with you. To get started please send me a direct message with any additional information you may have.

0 Kudos
liza
Level 4

I'm glad that you saw my post, I meant it to be seen by Thumbtack team, what's the email address i can send you all the details. Because after I turned down this guy, he was still posting a job offer on thumbtack. If I am correct, this guy did this to me on Craigslist as well.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@liza you can email us at support@thumbtack.com. Or you can go to Kameron's profile here and send him a private message with the details. Whichever works best for you! 

0 Kudos