Highlighted
Best Answer

Customer filling out a pre created form by Pro.

Community Regular
Best Answer

I know all professions are not the same, Qualifying a customer for a job is not easy and can become costly. The last four leads paid on, Not one responded back to any of my questions. I believe having customers fill out a questioner, Custom to individual Pros., Prior to a Pro Paying for a lead. Would benefit the Customer and the Pro. This may lead to more Pro's willing to chance the leads provided. 

States

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Customer filling out a pre created form by Pro.

Community Regular
Best Answer

i've only seen the list of questions once, somehow was sent a link from t-tack to see it. so i don't know what it looks like. i've offered to help many times, even recommended a friend in Bay Area, he worked at SF city development dept, so a big shot. but not for free!!!! 

if you are guys are going to continue to charge astronomical lead rates, (notlike $10) then the info has to be more complete. as i said, used to be able to ask a question or two, before taking a lead. those questions were also posted on the lead, so other pros could see them, which of course helped others to decide whether or not to spend their money. 

so not only has your service become 500% more expensive on average, the info on the lead as not as good. Seems to me, in terms of teh service i'm getting why do i continue. you understand that t-tack rep has tanked lately? I don't recommend it anymore. for just these reasons. and as far as marketing budget, i'm only making $2000 month from t-tack projects on average, and spending about $200 month on leads. so 10% of earnings is not an appropriate marketing percentage. 

if you want to pay me to fly to SF and some kind of fee, like $75 /hr, i have a place to stay in Sonoma, so can take the train into town, i will work with you guys to get it right. i did see you had a guy consult on this profession, but apparently he didn't get it right or you guys ignored his advice. 

View solution in original post

replies
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@wireless thank you for sharing this feedback, we understand it's frustrating when you don't hear back from customers. Have you tried sending follow up messages to these customers?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Yes, Thanking them for their interest and for using Thumbtack.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

yeh and then they reply and i get billed for the request, even tho the info the potential customer replies with means it's not a good project for me. c'mon!!!! what universe are you in?

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

the request says 'residential' there are several kinds of residential. so i'm not going to spend $50 just to find out what kind of residential it is. your list of questions is in-adequate. tighten up!!! here is the request:
Ben L.
Job type
Architectural Services
Professional services needed
Project consultation
Design drawings
Construction documents (blueprints)
Construction administration
Contractor selection assistance
I'm not sure which services I need, I'd like a professional recommendation
Project type description
New construction
Property type
Residential
Square footage of project
More than 3,000 sq ft

need much better descriptions if you want me to spend that kind of money all the time.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Thanks for reaching out @marcarchitect. Do you have any specific examples of what you want to be added to the customer's request form?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

i've only seen the list of questions once, somehow was sent a link from t-tack to see it. so i don't know what it looks like. i've offered to help many times, even recommended a friend in Bay Area, he worked at SF city development dept, so a big shot. but not for free!!!! 

if you are guys are going to continue to charge astronomical lead rates, (notlike $10) then the info has to be more complete. as i said, used to be able to ask a question or two, before taking a lead. those questions were also posted on the lead, so other pros could see them, which of course helped others to decide whether or not to spend their money. 

so not only has your service become 500% more expensive on average, the info on the lead as not as good. Seems to me, in terms of teh service i'm getting why do i continue. you understand that t-tack rep has tanked lately? I don't recommend it anymore. for just these reasons. and as far as marketing budget, i'm only making $2000 month from t-tack projects on average, and spending about $200 month on leads. so 10% of earnings is not an appropriate marketing percentage. 

if you want to pay me to fly to SF and some kind of fee, like $75 /hr, i have a place to stay in Sonoma, so can take the train into town, i will work with you guys to get it right. i did see you had a guy consult on this profession, but apparently he didn't get it right or you guys ignored his advice. 

View solution in original post