results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Highlighted
Hankster
Level 9

Customers Are Comparing Prices. But They can't See Yours.

I get the notification about customers comparing prices. They can't see mine. Yada, yada, yada. So, I click on the link & take a look & the prices hidden are for Enclosed booth rental & Open air booth rental. I'm a DJ service pro. Not a photographer. I'm assuming anyway those are photographer categories. They certainly aren’t DJ categories! Why in the heck would I be seeing this? 

Prices Hidden.jpg

0 Kudos
14 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Customers Are Comparing Prices. But They can't See Yours.

@Hankster definitely looks like that notification was sent to you in error. When I look I'm seeing that you only offer DJ services (not photobooth) along with all of your pricing options set, live, and being shown to customers. I'll make sure to report this and you can ignore it in the meantime.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 11

@Hankster 

I don't see it on my end. Perhaps it's a glitch? Maybe @Kameron can fill us in soon.

In the meantime, thanks for sharing, and I'll keep an eye out in case it shows up on my end.

DJ Stevie 7-10-2019

RCPS
Level 7

@Hankster @Kameron @DJStevie - I discovered this same error about a month ago and reported it here in a separate thread to @Meckell.  She submitted this to the support team; however, I never heard anything back from them on this error and it's showing on my app.  Great.

On a side note, I was looking for my initial thread and found it got merged into a completely different topic regarding email notifications.  That's not really helpful to me for follow-up nor to others that may have the same issue and had no idea it was even posted (as in this case).

Glad to know I'm not the only one.  Perhaps it will actually be looked into on the back end this time around and there will be some follow-up?

~RCPS

Hankster
Level 9

I hope so too @RCPSAlthough the last line in the e-mail I received from the support team yesterday about the issue. That last line states: "We’re looking into a solution and will update you if we find a resolution" is a little concerning. IF we find a resolution? There is nothing in my DJ category profile that suggests I offer photography, photo booths, etc......

DJStevie
Level 11

@RCPS 

Thanks for sharing. I read your comment on the thread that you provided, and I also don't know how it got moved. Possibly because of the moderators seeing "Notifications" and not reading your entire comment? 

You first reported it back in May, and this is July, and now showing up on @Hankster pricing preferences, and still showing up on your app? It's not showing up on mine preferences yet, and I hope that it doesn't. I don't know of any DJ who provides photo booth or photography. We have enough to worry about in keeping an event moving with music, MC, etc. If this another change coming to the DJ category, there better be a very good explanation for it.

I also hope that this gets looked into today. For Support to tell @Hankster "IF we find a resolution" is telling us that they may not find it and he has to live with it? If @Hankster ignores it at the advice of @Kameron , would it be safe to say that he may lose potential jobs if "customer" can't see his pricing?

DJ Stevie 7-11-2019

Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie no, any pros that have run into this will not be at risk for losing potential jobs. @Hanksters pricing for DJ services are live and being shown to customers.

0 Kudos

My prices are clearly shown on my profile. So are my hours. Why do I get leads in my inbox that customers want to "know my availability" or "do I have an estimate?" If customers are "comparing prices" as the notification says, then they must be looking at my profile. If they ask for estimates and availability, they are not. Which is it?

Hankster
Level 9

@ChefOfAllSeasonthe customer shouldn't have to ask for an estimate EVER in my opinion! When the customer clicks on a pros profile & then clicks on the View price details link (I'm a DJ service pro. I'll use my category as an example here) in the Duration, Event Type, Guest Count & Extras the estimated price is calculated along with what's included in that price. BOOM! There's your estimate TT customer! If that estimate price is not in their budget just X out & move on to the next service pro (I've also made a sugestion to get rid of the budget question which you can find here on page 3 https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Find-more-jobs/The-Budget-Question-Has-Changed/td-p/26906/page/3). But of course, they still feel they need to ask for one because TT DOESN’T educate their customers! A real sore spot with me & which I have addressed on different community forums several times in the past. Why can't TT tell their customer this? A simple fix, right? Unfortunately, this uneducated TT customer eventually becomes our lead which many times ends up being a ghost lead that we wind up having to pay for! Try getting your money back from some of these uneducated customer leads. HA!

Here's a suggestion about having the TT customer ever having to ask the question about availability. After they click on the Check Availability button, selecting their date & clicking Next on the next page TT customer would be told if I’m available on their date or not. If I am great! Then they can continue filling out the request. If not X out & move on to the next service pros profile. Again education by TT for their customers is needed here.

In regards to conversation starter questions here is the only conversation starter question that is needed. By the way I have suggested this several times over the past 8 months. “I read your profile & your reviews. I really like what I’ve read. Your reviews are awesome! I would love to speak to you further about my event. Please call me at (insert phone number here) or e-mail me at (insert e-mail address here). Thank you.". At that point they’ve looked over all of their choices & made their decision as to who they want to contact, right? They’ve eliminated the service pros they aren’t going to waste their time with, right? They can engage in a conversation with me & ask me all of the starter questions that they are currently asking during our meeting. I've even asked if they could just use this conversation starter question on a 90 day trial basis 8 months ago & several times after that. This was answer I got back in December of 2018 from a TT support “supervisor” I put supervisor in quotes because I don’t believe he was “The problem with this being the ONLY conversation starter is, it would scare away a high number of valuable, paying customers. When a customer goes to Thumbtack to find a pro, they do so to find all of their options in one place. That is the marketplace we want to create”. Not sure how with that being the only conversation starter question would really scare away a high number of valuable paying customers. I think the opposite would occur.

I've made great suggestions here in the last few weeks that would improve the TT product & experience for the TT customer & the service pro. Supposedly my suggestions are forwarded on to the 'appropriate team' whatever that appropriate team is. I’ve asked who the appropriate team is several times in the past on suggestions I've made. I never get an answer to that question. Makes me wonder if these suggestions are really passed on. When you've been using TT for 10 years like I have & past suggestions I've submitted have never been seriously considered you become very skeptical rapidly!

Hankster 7/14/19

Moderator Kameron

@RCPS I'm sorry to hear that the issue has still not been resolved for you at this time, I'll see what we can do to follow up with our teams, see about any updates, and get back to you. 

As for where your post about this is located. I'm not seeing that we had moved it to the thread it's now in and I apologize for the confusion. Due to your post about this issue being more relevant to this thread, I'll make sure it's moved over to this one to provide additional context.

0 Kudos