Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
TackMaster LZDNVG
TackMaster

Do pros still get "customer has hired another pro" notifications?

Solved! Jump to solution

I haven't gotten them in a long time. Is anyone else still getting customer actions/notifications? This is really valuable to me so I don't keep bothering people who have already hired someone else, especially if it's on Thumbtack.

I don't get any customer notifications anymore, now that I think about it.

Occupations (2)
0 Kudos
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Kameron

Re: Do pros still get "customer has hired another pro" notifications?

Solved! Jump to solution

@LZDNVG now that customers no longer update their project status and just have the option to leave reviews, there is no longer the notification that a customer has hired another pro. However, I've made sure to note to our teams that it was a big help to you when following up with customers. As for other customer notifications, are there any others that come to mind for you specifically?

View solution in original post

20 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@LZDNVG 

The only notification that I received was that a project was cancelled.  As for a customer hiring someone else, I haven't received that notification for months now. So, with no "customer hired someone else" notifications, and no "customer viewed quote" to see, we are at a disadvantage because if we continue to send follow-ups, we are then termed a nuisance.

DJ Stevie 5-14-2019

Solved! Jump to solution

I couldn't agree more that we need to be notified when they have hired someone else.  I'm fine when they do,  but since we never know anymore we keep following up and it can be considered a "nuisance" as you say because we still think they are looking to hire someone and they are not.  It makes us look like we are badgering them.  I'm fine when they hire someone else through Thumbtack I just want to KNOW so I can move over to other items in my business to follow up on.  Taking that away Thumbtack makes no sense (sorry Thumbtack)  

MR
Level 11

Solved! Jump to solution

In my follow-up responses I say "If you have already hired someone else, kindly let me know and I will close your file."   Seems like a good idea, I've had this there for about a year and to date maybe 3 people have actually informed me they went with someone else... which makes me feel like the return rate to TT by the buyers is very low.

boundlesstax
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

And if we're termed a nuisance, that potential client can leave a one-star review. This happened to me recently and was incredibly difficult to get removed by Thumbtack. He was annoyed by my persistence and only after he said the review was more about the Thumbtack platform than me as a pro that it could be removed.

It would be INCREDIBLY HELPFUL to have "hired another pro" or "cancelled job" statuses back! Why on earth would Thumbtack ever take these away?

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@LZDNVG now that customers no longer update their project status and just have the option to leave reviews, there is no longer the notification that a customer has hired another pro. However, I've made sure to note to our teams that it was a big help to you when following up with customers. As for other customer notifications, are there any others that come to mind for you specifically?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
TackMaster LZDNVG
TackMaster

Solved! Jump to solution

Awesome! Thanks @Kameron!

For me, allowing me to get a notification when a customer hires another pro, cancels a project, or no longer wants to receive e-mails (from Thumbtack) would be a HUGE help to me. If they are no longer getting e-mails from Thumbtack there's really no point for a pro to be sending them ongoing messages. This takes up a lot of time for me so efficiency is a high priority for me. If it was possible to put a note on a customer (opted out of e-mails) or something that we could see that would be huge so I could just archive those leads.

Question: When a customer hires another pro do they keep receiving the messages from other pros they didn't hire or is it just going nowhere? For me, being kept in the loop would be a huge help so that I'm not wasting my time sending a million messages to people who are very unlikely to hire me. Any help here from Thumbtack would be greatly appreciate. Thanks again! 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@LZDNVG all definitely understandable, thank you for sharing that with us. I'll make sure to add these points to your feedback as well. If a customer does finish a project, they will still receive messages from other pros they've reached out to since there's currently not a way for them to signal to Thumbtack that they've hired another pro aside from leaving a review. Part of why we don't use reviews to distinguish if a job is complete or if a pro has been hired is in those cases where a customer could have had a negative conversation with a pro they reached out to, left a review, but are still looking.

Lar
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution

What if a Pro updates the status of a job to 'In Progress" or "Done", both of which are indicative of the Pro being hired, what happens then? Nothing?

Does a message still appear in the message feed for a customer which says, "So and so hired a different pro?"

Regards,
Laurence.

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

Great added question @Lar. Currently, the notification that a customer hired another pro is no longer being sent even in the scenario you've mentioned here. 

0 Kudos