Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
TackMaster LZDNVG
TackMaster

Do pros still get "customer has hired another pro" notifications?

Solved! Jump to solution

I haven't gotten them in a long time. Is anyone else still getting customer actions/notifications? This is really valuable to me so I don't keep bothering people who have already hired someone else, especially if it's on Thumbtack.

I don't get any customer notifications anymore, now that I think about it.

Occupations (2)
0 Kudos
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Kameron

Re: Do pros still get "customer has hired another pro" notifications?

Solved! Jump to solution

@LZDNVG now that customers no longer update their project status and just have the option to leave reviews, there is no longer the notification that a customer has hired another pro. However, I've made sure to note to our teams that it was a big help to you when following up with customers. As for other customer notifications, are there any others that come to mind for you specifically?

14 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@LZDNVG 

The only notification that I received was that a project was cancelled.  As for a customer hiring someone else, I haven't received that notification for months now. So, with no "customer hired someone else" notifications, and no "customer viewed quote" to see, we are at a disadvantage because if we continue to send follow-ups, we are then termed a nuisance.

DJ Stevie 5-14-2019

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@LZDNVG now that customers no longer update their project status and just have the option to leave reviews, there is no longer the notification that a customer has hired another pro. However, I've made sure to note to our teams that it was a big help to you when following up with customers. As for other customer notifications, are there any others that come to mind for you specifically?

TackMaster LZDNVG
TackMaster

Solved! Jump to solution

Awesome! Thanks @Kameron!

For me, allowing me to get a notification when a customer hires another pro, cancels a project, or no longer wants to receive e-mails (from Thumbtack) would be a HUGE help to me. If they are no longer getting e-mails from Thumbtack there's really no point for a pro to be sending them ongoing messages. This takes up a lot of time for me so efficiency is a high priority for me. If it was possible to put a note on a customer (opted out of e-mails) or something that we could see that would be huge so I could just archive those leads.

Question: When a customer hires another pro do they keep receiving the messages from other pros they didn't hire or is it just going nowhere? For me, being kept in the loop would be a huge help so that I'm not wasting my time sending a million messages to people who are very unlikely to hire me. Any help here from Thumbtack would be greatly appreciate. Thanks again! 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@LZDNVG all definitely understandable, thank you for sharing that with us. I'll make sure to add these points to your feedback as well. If a customer does finish a project, they will still receive messages from other pros they've reached out to since there's currently not a way for them to signal to Thumbtack that they've hired another pro aside from leaving a review. Part of why we don't use reviews to distinguish if a job is complete or if a pro has been hired is in those cases where a customer could have had a negative conversation with a pro they reached out to, left a review, but are still looking.

Highlighted
Lar
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution

What if a Pro updates the status of a job to 'In Progress" or "Done", both of which are indicative of the Pro being hired, what happens then? Nothing?

Does a message still appear in the message feed for a customer which says, "So and so hired a different pro?"

Regards,
Laurence.

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

Great added question @Lar. Currently, the notification that a customer hired another pro is no longer being sent even in the scenario you've mentioned here. 

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron, on what date did Thumbtack remove the message in the message feed which said, "So and so hired a different pro?"

What you seem to be saying is that Pros no longer have any way of knowing if a lead they purchased has hired another Pro or not - is that correct? 

Regards,
Laurence.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Lar @LZDNVG 
I need to make a quick correction where I said, "Part of why we don't use reviews to distinguish if a job is complete or if a pro has been hired...". 

When a customer leaves another pro a review the lead/job will show as expired in the messenger and when you open the message will say "This customer has hired another pro". So, to sum up, there are still no longer the notifications from customers updating the project status, but when they hire and leave a pro a review you will see it in the messenger. My apologies for the miscommunication,

In the instance where a customer has a poor experience, leaves a review, and is still looking, this is something we've recognized as a potential problem and are looking into correcting. 

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron ... so if a lead I have purchased leaves a review for another Pro then the system will create the "So and so hired a different Pro" message in the message feed of my lead.

Can you clarify what happens if I update the status to a lead I purchased to be either "In Progress" or "Done". Will the act of me updating the status of my lead to be "In Progress" or "Done" cause the "So and so hired a different Pro" message to appear in the message feeds or all the other Pros who were in communication with my lead?

Regards,
Laurence.

0 Kudos