Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Lar
Level 9

Re: Do pros still get "customer has hired another pro" notifications?

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron, on what date did Thumbtack remove the message in the message feed which said, "So and so hired a different pro?"

What you seem to be saying is that Pros no longer have any way of knowing if a lead they purchased has hired another Pro or not - is that correct? 

Regards,
Laurence.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Lar @LZDNVG 
I need to make a quick correction where I said, "Part of why we don't use reviews to distinguish if a job is complete or if a pro has been hired...". 

When a customer leaves another pro a review the lead/job will show as expired in the messenger and when you open the message will say "This customer has hired another pro". So, to sum up, there are still no longer the notifications from customers updating the project status, but when they hire and leave a pro a review you will see it in the messenger. My apologies for the miscommunication,

In the instance where a customer has a poor experience, leaves a review, and is still looking, this is something we've recognized as a potential problem and are looking into correcting. 

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron ... so if a lead I have purchased leaves a review for another Pro then the system will create the "So and so hired a different Pro" message in the message feed of my lead.

Can you clarify what happens if I update the status to a lead I purchased to be either "In Progress" or "Done". Will the act of me updating the status of my lead to be "In Progress" or "Done" cause the "So and so hired a different Pro" message to appear in the message feeds or all the other Pros who were in communication with my lead?

Regards,
Laurence.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Lar if a pro updates the project status it will not notify other pros of another pro being hired unless the customer chooses to leave a review. When a pro updates the status of a project to "In Progress" or "Done" they will be given the option to send the customer a review request.

0 Kudos
TackMaster LZDNVG
TackMaster

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron 

If that's the case, that is not working for me. 2 people that I've been speaking to recently I see have reviewed another pro and I was not notified at all about it and was continuing to contact them (without me being in the loop). I'll PM you the 2 names if you want to check it out.

Laura

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@LZDNVG thanks for sending those examples to me. I'll be checking into those and looking into this with our product teams for some more clear answers. Thanks again for your patience on this. 

TackMaster LZDNVG
TackMaster

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron 

Thanks for your help! We're so lucky to have Thumbtack employees like you and @Meckell as resources to help us. 

0 Kudos
boundlesstax
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes and this doesn't really solve the initial problem that doesn't seem like it was a problem (at least for us Pros) in the first place.

If a client leaves a review, that means to me that the project is completed, not that the other pro was just hired. For example, I am in the tax preparation field, and if I ask for a client's review, it means I already prepared and delivered their returns and was paid. The system should not be marking "hired" to all other pros at this point, it should be WAY before this point. Getting hired and leaving reviews are two totally different points in the workflow and are two completely different things.

0 Kudos
mm
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution
Why did TT take away this helpful tool?
chriseshar
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I don't get this. I can still update my hires. Why wouldn't pros still do this? How else can their metrics show hires?

0 Kudos