results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
ReeseTee
Level 7

Dormant Profiles Cluttering Up The Internet

Solved! Jump to solution

Is it possible for Thumbtack to do something about dormant profiles?  This guy from Abispro: I reached to him around Dec 2015, to possibly hire him as a helper on my own TT assembly jobs. We met for coffee. He was doing some assembly work, but had found other work that was paying well.
I doubt that he has bid on anything in over a few years. His last review is dated 2014. But he comes up ahead of me on some Google searches.  I have done six TT jobs in March of 2019: How is that fair?Abispro.jpgnumber 2 abispro.jpg

Occupations (1)
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Kameron

Re: Dormant Profiles Cluttering Up The Internet

Solved! Jump to solution

@MR thank you for pointing that out. @ReeseTee as I'm sure you're aware there's a great number of factors that can play into where something will show up in Google searches. Meckell was simply trying to verify if your example was from the first page or much further back since the former is certainly something we should pass along to our SEO teams, which has been done. Thanks for bringing our attention to this. 

0 Kudos
7 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@ReeseTee 

I noticed same thing when I tried Promote couple of weeks ago as a customer. One DJ Pro that I know personally, hasn't used Thumbtack in couple of years, yet he shows up high in the searches. I asked a rep if Thumbtack weeds these Pros out, and the comment was that the Pro is doing something right, and there is no way to weed him or such Pros out. So, that's another reason why I feel that we are ghosted.

You are correct that something needs to be done with dormant profiles.

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@DJStevie I think @ReeseTee is referring to Google searches, it sounds like you're talking about search results on Thumbtack. If you have any further questions about your concerns, feel free to return to our private message about this. 

DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@Meckell 

Sorry, I just saw that it was from a Google search, but my original comment was based on the Pro having a Thumbtack profile.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@ReeseTee I just did the same Google search as you and I'm not seeing the same thing you are. Just to verify, is the screenshot you shared on the first page of your Google search?

0 Kudos
ReeseTee
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

I believe it was on the first page.  Not really happy with your response.

I joined TT in 2013. Have submitted over 2,000 bids. Have over 300 hires. I often do test searches, sometimes at the library, to see how Thumbtack (and my profile) come up.

I am telling you that dormant TT profiles are coming up in searches. They have been for years.

We the Pro's: are getting all these messages from TT-Corporate about TT shaping and controling the job-posting community's perception of TT.  If those job-posters have to wade through dormant profiles, no one benefits. Not the Pro who owns the dormant Profile, Not active competitors to the dormant-Pro, and NOT Thumbtack itself.

I am telling you this is one of many problems. Instead of challenging me, I would appreciate it if you would escalate this issue to your overlords.

Reese T.  March 27, 2019

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@MR thank you for pointing that out. @ReeseTee as I'm sure you're aware there's a great number of factors that can play into where something will show up in Google searches. Meckell was simply trying to verify if your example was from the first page or much further back since the former is certainly something we should pass along to our SEO teams, which has been done. Thanks for bringing our attention to this. 

0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution

@Meckell Just a thought here, as I am sure that you know, Google search rankings are VERY geography dependent. You can be just a few miles apart and see very different search results from the exact same query.  My guess is that the two of you are states apart so it is extremely unlikely that you will be seeing the same search results.