Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Kameron

Re: How to check on feedback that was forwarded?

@DJStevie as we've discussed before when you post in the Community with feedback and it's passed on, a case number is not generated as it would be when working with our support teams. This is something you and I have done before, but If you have a specific idea or piece of feedback that you've shared with us that you'd like us to review with you again, feel free to send us a direct message about it and we can see if there have been any updates since you last asked. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron 

Thanks.

I thought that if I had some kind of reference(number, name, etc), my checking on suggestions passed on, would help so as not to always bother you, @Meckell and @DustiO 

I will message you with one of my suggestions to see if there is any status.

Thanks,

DJ Stevie

HansenJC
Level 10

Based on this thread I thought I would post a link to a webinar that Travis posted on YouTube 5/30/19 addressing some of the questions about Feedback. At 10:17 Travis says: "I think the data is from the last three months." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wET6pHrSfg&feature=youtu.be&t=617

Does this hint at the possibly that Thumbtack has not sorted through anything older than three months? Should we all be re-posting our suggestions on the Suggestion Box here https://help.thumbtack.com/suggestions

I think they should at least go back to when "Promote" was first implimented.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Digitalwhims
Level 6

FOLLOW-UP : WHY NOT?

I think it's all well and good to make suggestions for improvement. Unfortunately, when there is no follow-up, the "suggestor"  becomes discouraged, and generally decides not to suggest any improvements. Just saying that your suggestion is being submitted to the team is encouraging but not enough!  Our moderators, however well-intentioned, seem not to have enough power to follow up on our suggestions. It would be refreshing to me personally if they came back and said quote" your ideas full of baloney", we are implementing it, or anything! The idea is that follow-up means giving an answer, however the results come out.

I'm curious about others and their successful ideas, and if, they have received follow-up from the moderators? For me the only answer I received is that we will submit it to the team.

Is anybody listening?

HansenJC
Level 10

Re: FOLLOW-UP : WHY NOT?

@Digitalwhims 

Oh how I agree with this discussion.

When I first started with Thumbtack I pointed out a few things I thought would improve the platform. Then, as time went on and things started to change and my leads dropped off and the number of jobs diminished to nearly zero, I renewed my exploration of every detail of Thumbtack. I analize current features for their value. And, I also look for missing features that are needed. In more than one case I have notified Thumbtack of features that Thumbtack has taken away and I tell them why it should be returned and I write lengthy explainations to show Thumbtack the value of the suggestion and how it would benfit both the customer and the Pros.

I rarely point out how a feature will help Thumbtack because they have staff who can figure that out. I am positive about that.

I have seen no evidence of any of my suggestions being implimented. I only see what has been removed from the platform.

Thumbtack took the age of the house out of the questions they ask of the Job Posters.  I do not know of any Home Inspector that does not wish to know the age of the house they will inspect. And I am sure this is not a stumbling block for the job posters.  Buyers almost always know the age of the house they are interested in buying. It is right on the listing sheet. But Thumbtack took that question away and I want it back.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
DJStevie
Level 12

@Digitalwhims 

I've given suggestions for 6 months now, and get told that the suggestions are great and feedback has been passed on. Reading numerous threads and comments, many other Pros have given suggestions and feedback has been passed on. I also know that we asked for proof in your last posted thread, but we received nothing.

I know that one of my suggestions was to keep us posted on the status of our feedback that was passed on, either yes, no, or still loooking into it. Whether that status is here in the Community, or via Private Message, I don't care, just a status update will at least prove to us that feedback is being heard in some shape or form.

Also, I agree with you that our moderators do not have enough power to follow up on our suggestions, because if they did, I am sure that we would have heard back from them by now, especially for those suggestions given more than 6 months ago. But all we receive are monthly notices that some more tools have been taken away from us, and nothing to help with improving leads, ghosting, lead costs, etc. Grant it, I know it takes time to implement changes, but as we have said, keep us posted whatever the answer is. Keeping us in the dark isn't helping, because at this point, we do need to see something substantial.

@Meckell@Kameron @DustiO @JasonB  , do you think it's possible to implement some kind of status update of our suggestions that have been passed on since we don't have reference numbers to follow up in the Community? It would be more than welcomed by all Pros

Thanks,

DJ Stevie

5-9-2019

HansenJC
Level 10

I suspect that there are several software packages that track software issues and ongoing development. One that comes to mind is JIRA https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira This would allow Pros and Job Posters to submit their suggestions and the status could be assigned by an administrator such as "In Review" "Accepted" "Declined" "Completed"

And even without a status, the Pros and Job Posters can "Vote" on the suggestions and offer commentary.

Please give it a try.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections