Highlighted

Re: First impressions and suggestions

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Kameron  OK, thanks. that all makes sense.

So, pros who come to the buyer through jobs tab do not result in an email or push notification to the buyer that "another interested" pro has responded outside of the buyer's pick list?

Sorry for the possible redundancy - I am just confused as there are a lot of moving parts.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@MR  Not necessarily. Pros who come to the buyer through the Jobs tab do often times result in a push notification via the app and not nearly as often through email or text. Although the push notification will not happen each and every time for a customer in this scenario depending on a number of factors. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Kameron.    ahhh  ok.. so when we send a jobs tab response, we should sort of just let it go as it may or may not ever reach the lead? I am not sure how I feel about that, but nonetheless, knowledge of what is happening on the other side is very helpful.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@MR when you send a quote through the Jobs tab, it will indeed make it to the customer. Although a notification may not always be involved, your quote will be available to the customer. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@MR  Not necessarily. Pros who come to the buyer through the Jobs tab do often times result in a push notification via the app and not nearly as often through email or text. Although the push notification will not happen each and every time for a customer in this scenario depending on a number of factors. 

Sorry, just not following this.

Forget the app, let's say that the customer has only provided their email address.

@Kameron, you seem to be saying that when a customer is NOT using the app that sometimes they will receive an email notification when a Pro sends them a quote via the Jobs tab and sometimes they won't receive a notifcation?

In the times I've used Thumbtack as a customer I've never received an email notification (or a text when a Pro has quoted me via the Jobs tab. Pros have been sending me quotes and the only reason I know they did was because I happened to log back into thumbtack.com and see that they had expressed interest. 

Regards,
Laurence,

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Lar if the customer is not using the app and an email is all that's available, they will most likely not get a notification when a pro quotes to them through the jobs tab. They will get an email notification if the specific pro they reached out to responds and when a pro sends a new message if a conversation has already been started. Again these are also subject as well to the customer's notification settings. This is the current product as it stands today and as I mentioned, there are a wide variety of factors that will play into whether or not that notification is sent and they are continuously subject to change as we strive to find what works best at which times.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Lar if the customer is not using the app and an email is all that's available, they will most likely not get a notification when a pro quotes to them through the jobs tab.

When you say 'most likely not get a notification' under what unlikely circumstances (if the customer is not using the app and email is all that is available) would the customer receive an email notification that a Pro had sent them a quote via the Jobs tab?

Regards,
Laurence.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @ErrorUnknown, thank you for starting this conversation! I want to explain a little bit more about how Thumbtack works and how you'll get connected with customers. To get more of the jobs you want, you can set your preferences by promoting your business. I'd recommend checking this video out with more info on that!

There are two ways in which you can get connected to customers. First is customers reaching out to you directly through Search Results. When a customer reaches out to you directly, that will show in your inbox as a new lead. You have the option to accept or decline this lead, but keep in mind that if your business is promoted, this is a job you told us you want so you'll be charged right as the customer reaches out. 
If a customer reaches out to another pro, their job will go to your Jobs tab for you to quote on. You'll see that there will be jobs in your Jobs tab that are outside of the preferences you have set and they'll be labeled as partial matches. Those are jobs that you don't always want, but still can be something you may be interested in once in a while. If it's a job you want, go ahead and quote on it and you'll be charged once a customer responds. If you don't want that job, go ahead and pass. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

I haven't received ANY responses from ANY leads from the Jobs tab since February. That was also the month that the lead viewed your quote feature was removed. I send an initial, follow-up & final e-mail. If I don't hear from that lead in 10 days, I archive it & move on. More times than not my prices are lower than the service pro the lead has contacted. Think that would generate a sniff of interest? Nope. Sorry but I'm having an awfully hard time believing that what I'm sending out is actually getting to the lead. The fact we don’t know if they viewed it or even read it leads me to believe that. It's almost like it's sitting in a virtual mailbox somewhere. Not seeing many jobs hitting the Jobs tab either. Anyone else not seeing jobs hitting their queue on a consistent basis? My job queue is as dry as the climate here in Arizona!