Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Has anyone been contacted by HomeGuide, a copycat of thumbtack?

Hi,  you replied to my post today on Thumbtack.  I followed your advice and signed up.  I just copied and pasted a post I did a few minutes ago on Homeguide to paste into this box, and oddly the top of the screeen says "Thumbtack"..... what is happening???  Please see my comments below.  Thank you. 

Someone told me about Homeguide today during a chat that was initiated by Thumbtack about how "promoting is working for you."  What a surprise.... it's not, says me and a myriad of other dissatisfied Thumbtack pros.  So, this evening I signed up with Homeguide.  I wonder if this is legit seeing as it is a verbatim copy of Thumbtack.  I filled in everything anyway out of despiration trying to breathe life back into my business since Thumbtack's changes has crushed it.  I did have difficulty uploading more than 5 images.  I spent a couple of hours repeating the process and even restarting my computer.... to no avial.  Finally left a message with tech support.  I'm anxious to see what happens next.  It was strange from the start of the process as to how there was no mention about how Homeguide works.  Because of my TT experience I knew where to look about costs etc., but no mention of the process up front.  Hmmnnn???   Any feedback would be helpful.  

Lioness42
Level 2

Yes, I have, I was wondering who they  were. I am not happy with Thumbtack new prices. I am paying $55 for a lead, are you kidding me? The pricing is ridiculous now and is not working.

KevMac
Level 5

YES........ I'm passing soooo many requests now .........COST TO USE THUMBTACK IS OUT OF CONTROL !!!!

KevMac
Level 5

Yes ............. WAY TOO MUCH TO QUOTE NOW !!!! WAY TOO MUCH !!!! This Homeguide is identical to the original THUMBTACK ........ Im already using it ......... I think it's a test by THUMBTACK . THERE HAVE BEEN NO EFFORTS WHATSOEVER TO LOWER COSTS .........

catmaven
Level 6

When TT started going down the tubes for me in October, I also tried to get biz on HG and bought a credit pack: nada so far. When I questioned this, I was told it was "slow" in my area. Really am hurting as TT was the bulk of my new clients. Couldn't find a home office for HG--minimal info on the site. I'm a pet sitter, if anyone's interested in small biz type.

I signed on to HG last fall, after TT became so outrageously expensive. It hasn't been worthwhile at all! No leads or contact inquiries?!
0 Kudos

I've done about 6 HG jobs in the past month or so.

works for me!