Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution
So well stated. I agree. I received all of 4 leads this month. I used to receive 30 to 40.
0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution

@Lar Excellent post.

I just cant see how TT doesnt change the system soon. My lines of business have gotten pretty active lately and I have been booking new business at a good clip - lots of pretty decent leads coming in to the point where I am now blocking off calendar time for scheduling and consults pretty far in advance - all from my other lead sources... In that same period, I have received 1 or 2 promote leads on TT and absolute zero heartbeat from the leads.  TT has completely gone dead.

Among other things, that is telling me that the customer side has gone elsewhere and are seeking their pros on other sites.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
rashada99
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution

Would you consider having all leads screened by Thumbtack professionals prior to being charged? Only, in some instances, I am given the choice to decline/accept the lead.

Howardlbca
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

Why am I receiving job notifications for jobs all over Northern California when I am only interested in working in San Francisco? That’s very annoying and not helpful at all so please stop.

RD
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Would you consider requiring the customer to provide an address and phone contact that is then provided to the pro after the lead is paid for?  There are too many non responses or worthless information. After being the only top pro selected from our profile and paying $75, it is rediculous not to have the customer phone number and address. If they never respond, which has happened, it is hardly a valid lead to the pro.

Thank you

Thumbtack Employee MarcoZ
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for your question, @RD.  And thanks for your service.   

Thumbtack’s ultimate goal is the same as yours - we want to help you get to the next step with your customer. And we understand that sometimes the fastest way to get a potential client to commit to a next step is through phone call or email. However, we currently do not require a phone number, because many clients are not interested in starting conversations that way.  

We believe a better way to get to that key next step is to gather all the job information we can from the potential clients up front, provide that information to you, and then help connect you to the potential clients. We are working hard to get more clients connected to you right in the app, where you can seal the deal and win the job. After all, when clients connect with and hire amazing pros - whether it's in the app or over the phone - we all win.

Thanks to the other pros who asked related questions about getting contact information from customers:

@TanaCorporon @AFPMAGIC512 @SunsetPhoto @eliascurtis @Hankster @thebabyfish1 @RD @Stetnie 

0 Kudos
yes
Level 4

Question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been fighting this issue for years. Why can't Thumbtack separate Weddings and Events category? I have corporate clients ask about this all the time. Thumbtack looks unprofessional to corporate people. Make 2 separate categories Corporate Photography and Corporate Videography. Weddings should be a category itself. I don't do weddings and hate to go thru all the jobs with weddings to find a few corporate jobs. Thanks, Mike

icandeephoto
Level 5

Re: Question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution
I totally agree! Weddings are huge in CA and consume the Events category. I had to turn mine off because I was getting all these wedding notifications and I dont do weddings.
LP
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Why am I not able to set a minimum project budget for clients who reach out through the 'promote' feature. I have spent hundreds of dollars receiving requests from clients whose budget is too small for my services. Please allow us to set a minimum rate before we can be contacted for a quote.

KevinSPhoto
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Yes!! Please make this happen. I have been a top pro for 4 years now and hate how much money I have spent in under budget customers that want to pay pennies on the dollar for a professional service. And the pro has no way of declining bid without paying for it! This needs to change!!’