Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
Moderator Kameron

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution

@PestbyMD great question! Marco was able to answer one similarly at the beginning of the live Q&A. If you missed it here's the link to the recording: https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Forum/Recording-from-our-live-Q-A-with-Marco/m-p/22023#M5427. Be sure to skip ahead to 2:15 to see where he mentions that we can improve at keeping pros in the loop with updates. 

0 Kudos
zona5101
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

I've shut off Instant Match on all of my services. The number of auto responses" When are you available", "What makes you right for this job" are just draining money. And when I respond, I get NOTHING back from these customers. This new system is seriously flawed. When the new format was announced, I was excited to be a top pro and have the opportunity to be towards the top of the list shown to potential customers, but you need to eleminate charges for the one buttom responses and only charge when it a legitimate contact i.e the customer actually writes an inquiry.

BeDeCluttered
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution
You’re fortunate that you still have instamatch. They’ve taken it away from my category and now I have no way to interact with client. They have to sift thru all other pros and then contact me. There are no quotes at all.
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@BeDeCluttered Instant match is no longer a feature on Thumbtack for any pro or category. If you have further questions about this feel free to send me a direct message so we can make sure you're set up in a way that best suits you and your business. 

0 Kudos
KevinSPhoto
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree. Do not charge the pro unless the customer makes a legitimate and personal message back. PROS SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR GHOSTS!!
Rosaflora
Community Newcomer

How can I better optimize my customer acquisition for my services?

Solved! Jump to solution

Since you have revamped Thumbtack, my customer quota has dropped quite a bit. I try to stay on top of things, having listed as "Promote" and being a "Top Pro" in my category. How do I optimize for better customer aquisition? Also, will you offer services to help your pros get return customers?

0 Kudos
MisterMarriage
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

I am a wedding officiant who has enjoyed great success on Thumbtack. However, it seems every time I receive email notice of a prospective client, two or three of my competitors already have bid on the job by the time I click on it. Sometimes, EIGHT officiants have responded to the job and I’m shut out by the time I’m even aware of it! How can this be? And how can I get on the “A-List” of vendors who see the jobs first?

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@MisterMarriage I took a quick look at your profile and I just wanted to say congratulations on being a Top Pro! I pulled you up in the search results and it looks as though your doing everything right with your awesome profile, reviews, photos, and promoting. You'll likely always have at least one other pro that you're competing with. In order to make sure you can get to those leads and jobs quickly have you tried turning on the push notifications in the app? Those are usually just a little bit quicker than being notified via email. 

0 Kudos
Blanche
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
Why have jobs significantly slowed down for makeup in the DC area compared to last year? The estimate says 130 a month for my area but that is a lie. Just flat out a lie.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blanche
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
I believe all the changes has hurt my business of makeup artist with using thumbtack. Why do you think the new changes help? It seems like you’ve lost business.