Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
TackMaster LZDNVG
TackMaster

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution

My questions for Marco:

1) What was your original vision, or concept for the changes made to "Promote" when it was in the planning stages? In your opinion, were the changes made due to the needs of customers, pros, or due to Thumbtack as a company?

2) What does long-term success of Thumbtack look like for you?

3) Are there any questions you think pros should be asking that we aren't?

StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

Marco,

Q1)  Would you consider adding a "winning Pro pays a fee" model that discounts all charges by 10% but adds a 20% fee for the winning pro?  I've posted more details about the concept here:  https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/How-Thumbtack-works/Thumbtack-should-charge-Pros-for-job-wins/m-p...

Q2)  Would you consider charging customers $5 to post after they have posted 2 consecutive jobs and have not hired a Pro?

Q3)  Would you consider deleting reviews from customers that never actually hired the pro (positive or negative reviews)?

Q4)  Would you consider forcing the job poster to type a minimum number of characters to describe what they are looking for?

Q5)  Would you consider making a "hire this pro" button?  Currently it is not obvious to most people how to mark a pro as hired.

Q6)  Would you consider moving the manual bid quotes/messages to the cusomter's Thumbtack inbox rather than just notifying them with a green bar that says "showed interest".  It feels like you are hiding the manually sent quotes. 

Q7)  Would you consider social media verification for job posters (LinkedIn, Facebook, etc)?

Q8)  Would you consider removing the canned responses from the job posters?    

Q9) Would you consider dividing the platform into two camps?  Personal projects and B2B projects.  Could be the very first question you ask the customer "Is this a personal project/task or is this for a business?".  Allow pros that only want to do B2B to opt out of personal project notifications.  

Q10)  Why are there so many technical "glitches" with the platform that your staff is aware of, but has never fixed?

Examples:

A)  Pros getting leads outside of the geographic area they selected

B)  Pros getting leads for types of jobs they don't do

C) Certain categories don't allow for pricing.  Pros can't opt out of getting notifications for jobs below a certain price point.

VelvetO
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I Agree! Love the questions.

Velvet Oasis Events
Highlighted
lclifephotos
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Can I add...

1. Why do I have to pay for a promoted lead when they ask if I'm available, and then never respond, and there is no other way to contact them. It's like throwing money away.

2. Being "promoted" on dates when I have clearly marked my calendar as not available. And after being promoted, paying to decline because of availability.

Lai
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I spending money and time talking with customer service every day about this!
Crazy.

Solved! Jump to solution

Excellent Post Stories UPSTL!!!! 

everything you said: Yes. 

0 Kudos
CLGPatrick
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

Do you plan on holding events in major cities within the U.S. to meet pros?  I'd like to see a Thumbtack Pro Annual Conference where the top pros in the U.S. get awards, give seminars, and engage with other pros.

Patrick Skinner
CLG Photography
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@CLGPatrick this is something we've been doing and plan to continue. We've been able to have pros meet and interact with each other and our staff at these events and they've been a huge part of our efforts this year in 2019.

JakeCarter
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
How can we handle the customer contacting a Pro, the Pro responding to no answer and having to still pay a 86.00 lead fee. I’ve stopped using thumbtack after no solution from support. I would not have to pay if I sent a quote with no response. I became a Top Pro Handyman in the city of Atlanta in 6 months using your company. You really are losing an asset.
jcp
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution

This is exactly why I stopped using TT about 6 months ago.  From highly successful on this site to my business dropping off 100%.  I stopped all together with this site.  It was all totally profit driven for TT only.  So waited a few months and this week I am trying out "promote" to see what my results will be after one week.  I feel I can not complain unless I try out the service and see how it goes.  Last week I had requests come in that would have been $50 to respond to - whereas a year ago - and all the years before that - that same lead would be about $8-$11.  And that customer already responded to 9 pros.  Really?  How much did TT make off that one lead request?  I just hope pros are not responding to these and understand the system so they don't waste their hard earned money.  Keeping my fingers crossed that this week goes well and I book at least 1 person on the "promote".