Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Mrspantera11
Level 5

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution
Will you be advertising more to bring in new customers?
jcp
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution
This is a good question. I too would like you to bring commercials back. National, internet, etc. However, please don’t make them silly - keep professional and a representation of your pros on this site. We are not silly people and want to be represented as the pro we are. Perception and first impression is critical. And ... don’t create commercials like the one that aired that appeared that Thumbtack was a site for only home improvement pros. I know - I used to write commercial copy so that one really left a negative response with me.
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Mrspantera11  We currently do advertise on a variety of different channels and plan to continue doing more as the year goes on. It's important to us that customers utilize Thumbtack because that ultimately means more jobs for you pros! 

0 Kudos
TrainerDad
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I own my own DJ company. I don't have any employees so as soon as I'm booked for a day I can no longer quote for events on that day. For businesses like mine that are "date specific" the automatic quoting option doesn't work very well. I spent a lot of money last year on quotes for posts that I was unavailable to actually perform. 

Is there anything in the works where a business like mine can have an online calendar where we can mark out dates as unavailable so that an "auto-quoting" program won't send out replies for those specific days?

Thank you.

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@TrainerDad good news! In your account, you already have access to the pro calendar. In the app, you can find it by clicking on the profile, the settings cog, and it will appear at the top of the page. By desktop, you can find it by clicking on the arrow in the top right-hand corner. Once you're on the calendar you can block days that you are busy and this will help with the issues you've mentioned. If a customer does reach out to you directly for a day you're booked you'll get the option to accept or decline, and if you decline we'll kindly let the customer know that you are unavailable. 

Highlighted
lclifephotos
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

And if I'm "promoted" I have already PAID for the lead that I'm not available for. How do we stop that? 

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Iclifephotos if you've blocked a date out on your pro calendar but are contacted for that date by a customer you shouldn't be charged. If you do get charged I'd recommend going through our new refund experience which we recently posted in the Community here: https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Product-news-updates/A-new-refund-experience/m-p/21349?advanced=f...

0 Kudos
Bsiffs
Level 4

Is there any hope in sight?

Solved! Jump to solution
Do you have any plans to listen to pros concerns and go back to the original format where we quote all requests? The promote format is very obviously a way for Thumbtack to get more profit. My business had tanked because of Thumbtack.
keiradavis27
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

@TrainerDad Hi! There already is an option for this. If you click on your photo in the top right hand corner after you go to Thumbtack, there is a Calendar button. You can block out any days and times you want to so you dont get requests for those days. Then, if you accidentally do get one for a date you're booked you can ask Thumbtack for a refund. This happened to me yesterday. A customer put in their request that they wanted a photographer March 20-22nd, but they actually wanted someone this weekend when I am booked and blocked as unavailable. So I will receive a refund. Hope this helps!

bev
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I have a few questions:

1) how do I put my status as Pro on my profile for potential clients to see?  it is not there, and I have no clue how to add it.

2)  I have been getting several wedding potentials from way out of my area.  it is time consuming and a waste for me to continually delete these.  I have sent email to ask not to be given further than 60 miles, but still recieve MANY from Pennsylvania, Buffalo,  Albany, and places near New york City!  I used to get many in my area of Syracuse, but very few this year.  Can you please help me with that?

3)  you have sent me potentials under a heading of (Promoted).  and these I am being charged for even if I do not respond.

I have sometimes already been booked on that date, but you charge me because they fit my profile!  this is not fair.  I feel pressured to answer them to see if I can change their time to fit it in, but that has not worked out.  so I do not want to get charged for what I do not respond to.  example:  a person wanting healing in Rochester that I did not respond to, showed I was charged anyway because it fit my profile!  please let me know if this will continue or if you can stop charging me for what i am not responding to.  

4)  can I have different subtitles for my different businesses without a problem, so I dont have to have them all under one heading?

Thank you,  Reverend Beverly Owen