Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Blanche
Level 5

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution
I’m a makeup artist, I’ve paid for lots of jobs that customers who have selected me from the list, are not actually looking to hire anybody. I mean they selected me and I respond and then radio silence from them. This is happening more since the last round of changes to format. Their booking day goes by and I follow up again and again. Why do you think this is fair for the pros to have to pay for this? It makes me question if thumbtack is really worth it.

Solved! Jump to solution
Do your lead algorithms vary depending on whether one promotes or doesn’t promote?

Explain the differences between using each, going beyond the price break.
0 Kudos
KevinSPhoto
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

As a Pro that is high on the list, I get a lot of single requests for availability who ghost repeated reply messages, yet I still get charged. Can you please make this stop? A customer that does not reply to the pros message should not count as a paid connection. How is this a valid connection for the pro and customer. These should be refunded.

Plus, the Pro should also have the ability to decline requests without being charged because of low cutomer budget or a reason that does not match the pro's needs. Thoughts? 

1Silverfox
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Why is it that I am suddenly receiving requests from out of state, or if in state, completely out of my area? This is ridiculous!

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey Marco,

I'm curious if there is a way on your end to link Thumbtack reviews to Google search engine results.

In other words, when someone googles CVP Coaching and my info pops up on the right side of the screen people can see my google reviews and also reivews from other places like Facebook. I would like add Thumbtack to that.

I know that my google reviews show up on my Thumbtack profile.

Is it possible to link them in the other direction?

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@voicecoachlisa this is a really cool idea, thanks for sharing! I'll be forwarding this on for our product teams to look into. 

0 Kudos
JJKP
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Do you have any plan to improve "match" on pricing? One thing I didn't want to promote is that I had many clients who was not "matched" with me in terms of pricing. They were all offerring a lot less than I was asking. Thank you. 

Danlupo
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

What are some helpful things you have learned about starting a business that you can share with me/us? 

0 Kudos
Howardlbca
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

Why do you like keeping us pros in the dark.?   In the past you provided much more useful information than you do now, for example, logs of messages sent to and from pros and customers?  

Highlighted
Patriotdoor
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I have slowly started to phase thumbtack out after being very happy with thumbtack for several years. I am getting charged upwards of $25 dollars for a job that may only be $150. When leads were $5-$10 I would crank leads out and even if I only landed 3-4 out of 10 estimates I didn’t mind losing the orher ones. At $20-$25 a lead I cant take that risk.
For years my clients have commented on having such a positive experience on thumbtack vs. your main competitor.
Thumbtack needs to realize we care about the clients even if they dont hire us or we don’t provide the service they are looking for. In the previous model I could still chat with the client and help them figure out what they needed. Now because TMBT is trying to micromanage it greatly diminishes our ability as top pros to communicate with the potential client so they can find exactly what they are looking for. My recent feedback from clients have been pretty bad with their experience using thumbtacks new platform.
I feel like thumbtack really needs to be asking the pros what details do we need to see in order to provide a quick and accurate estimate. The fields you require customers to fill out dont help in my particular category or are confusing to the client.

Question : Over the years I have seen that clients who post pictures with their estimate request are wayyy more likely to hire and are more serious to get the job done. With pictures I can usually provide a quik and concise estimate without having to do a field site. Would you be willing to make customers provide pictures when requesting an estimate in categories that it would benefit?
I would be way more willing to pay the extra money for the lead if I had more details.

Question: Why is it saying on an instant match lead that sometimes 5 or more pros have contacted that individual? That would mean thumbtack charged 5 pros $20 dollars a piece for a job that may only be $150. That seems like some serious price gouging. I could understand paying a higher lead fee if I was the only pro the client was matched to but it doesn’t seem to be that way.

I wish you would go back to the older model. Thank you