Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution

Why doesn't TBT do more for its Top pros. There is very little reward. How about discounted quoting for top pros. I've been a top pro for 4yrs now

Highlife Productions

Solved! Jump to solution

In the last year there has been a lot of tweaking of the inquiry distribution model.  Can you share any information about how this has helped Thumbtack and providers?

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@aai-sanantonio  there have been a lot of changes and updates and they are all in an effort to make things better. Overall the marketplace has shown positive growth since the new model has been implemented. That said, we know it's not perfect and we're working hard to make further updates and make the experience even better. 

ronatrains
Level 5

Are you going to fix the pricing model?

Solved! Jump to solution

Thumbtack changed how it charges for leads so that now I have to pay just to start a conversation with someone who has supposedly "picked" me from my profile. But I get people all the time asking for services I don't provide, or who are outside of my service area. Under the old model I could respond to them to tell them I didn't service their area or do board and train or provide some other service they were looking for so they at least got a response. Now it would cost me $15 to do this. Simply not responding makes me look unprofessional and doesn't make Thumbtack look useful. I've called multiple times and spoken with customer service about this, but nothing changes. I am also spending hunderds of dollars more a month responding to leads and get lower results. Most people are tire kickers and not really interested once they realize the costs. I can't post prices up front because my price ranges and there is no option for that in your template. 

Highlighted
Patriotdoor
Level 5

Re: Are you going to fix the pricing model?

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree with this completely. With he old TMBT model I could always chat with the client and help them find what they are looking for even if it’s something I didn’t provide. Thumbtack needs to recognize that the top pros genuinely care about the clients and want them to have a great experience with TMBT. Now they have moved to the Home Advisor model charging more per lead but only hiving the clients a few estimates.
Most of my clients have had a bad experience with Home Advisor but really loved thumbtack but recently Ive started to hear complaints fron clients using thumbtack.

Solved! Jump to solution

exactly my complaint too !

Solved! Jump to solution

Ronatrains is right! You can't respond to ones you might actually get because you are used to getting jilted. Looks unprofessional. But it's too expensive. I have a catering business and I started declining almost every one because I can't afford the No's that I know are coming. Before you could cast that net a lot further for a lot smaller of a price so it didn't sting as bad when you pulled up the net with a big rubber boot. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

The pricing model for Event Catering is completely off especially for the NYC market. A customer cannot get Premium ingredients for ($) money. that does not exist. in addition events that require, more than just food, event staff, beverages, equipment are WAY MORE then the current price structure. When we cater weddings for all Food, Beverage, Staff and equipment you are looking at $250-$270 per person!

HIGHLIFE PRODUCTIONS

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks HLP. Tell me about it. I'm in the LV market and the pricing stucture is comical. This is why TT needs to accumulate a think tank of their catering Pros or at least their best clients and garner the knowledge that it takes to ask a "lead" what it is they want instead of full-service or drop-off? Those two things alone warrant so much more info!!!! Most people have never had anything catered. And if they have, I hate to say, they probably aren't looking on TT. They already have a great catererer. Most people blindly searching are blind so you have to educate them on the whole process. Why not partner with a pro to set some basic parameters and guidelines for the client? It would save Everyone a lot of unnecessary back and forth. I would offer my consulting services for free. Clients would love the crash course in hiring a caterer! Pros would get matched with REAL leads. 

0 Kudos
SharonM7
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Firstly, I love most of the changes you've made. I love the new model. Having the customer come to me has been a terrific game changer. Yes! 

Here are my questions:

1.  The company has changed its business model a few times now. I think pros and maybe customers (and staff, I imagine) have change fatigue. Some of us plan our work with Thumbtack around your new model and go with the flow, but it takes getting used to. What is your long view when it comes to more process changes? Do you think your approach will be transient or do you feel you've now found a long term approach?

2. You have the unenviable tough job of having to please many parties in many fields. How do you balance this? How do you ensure you're being fair?