Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
Kayticlayton
Level 1

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution
Why don't pros have the option to see a customer's response before deciding if they want to pay to reply. I'm sure a lot of other professionals are tired of paying for a lead that just says something to the effect of "thanks but I'm going a different direction" and thumbtack customer service calls this a potential client relationship so we can't get a refund.
Highlighted
Bdservices
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I keep getting requests for work for either different services or sometimes even the same service from the same person. The problem is I dont get a single response but still get charged. I don't click on the 2nd one because I don't want to get double charged for basically a non-existent job. How can this be fought without having to dispute it everytime. Which is almost happening daily. To add to it the jobs that this happens on are always vague with the basic information. The ones that respond more are the jobs that took the time to write something in. Makes it hard to swallow that they are legit leads. Just being honest and want this figured out so we all can maximize our time and money.
Kohnnymac
Level 1

Re: Have a question for Marco? Multiple locations how to list my business

Solved! Jump to solution

I own a music school in CT Rock House School of Music and use Thumbtack for new students. I am opening a 2nd location and want to kn ow how to keep all my great reviews and ranking for the new school. 

0 Kudos

Re: Have a question for Marco? Multiple locations how to list my business

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kohnnymac congratulations on your success and opening a 2nd location! I'm sorry to say that reviews are not transferable between accounts and profiles. I can suggest asking previous customers to help you get started by sharing the public review link from your new account/profile to help you get started: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/ask-for-reviews.

You can also refer customers to your current profile and reviews and explain that you've just started up a second location in your bio. 

0 Kudos
Markoharps
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

With the new way Thumbtack works, I am charged when folks look at my profile.   For a professional musician, this is a tough one.   Many customers are just "shopping" and not really interested in my skill set.   They are looking for a specific style of musician (cellist, singer, etc.) but look at my profile (harpist) out of interest.   Also, is there a way to make it so that when I am booked with a client on one date that I won't get any more leads on that date?   Some sort of calendar or something.   Since it is wedding season I am getting a lot of hits all on the same days.  I can only do one job at a time and I hate paying for all these leads that I cn not possibly take.

Lastly, it would be great if we (the pros) could rate (or warn) other pros about "bad clients" - like folks that don't pay.   I have been burned a few times and would like to warn other pros about these clients.   

Wale
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Hello Marco,

When will you implement a real customer agent when we have immediate questions on a job?
Lekco
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
My biggest problem with THUMBTACK is some of the rates you charge for leads. I have paid $6.18 for a lead that netted me $6100.00. You clearly under charged me. I have paid $16.00 for a lead where I only made $140.00 off the job. I was clearly over charged.
It's very clear on both sides of the fence that you guys need help clearing up this money losing situation. My question to you is.
Do you want to fly me out to headquarters to help address this situation. I can help you create a guideline for New Lead Cost that works for both THUMBTACK and the CONTRACTORS.
I look forward to seeing you.
A sit down Q n A in front of a computer screen isn't my style.
I appreciate your time. Thanks Marco.
0 Kudos
Jesm
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
What was the reasoning behind all the changes to the “view competition” section of quotes? The information it provided was helpful.

Solved! Jump to solution

@Jesm this is a great question! Since we moved to the new system and customer experience a lot of the information on the Insights pages from before were not in line with the new updates. Was there something in particular that you'd like to suggest adding?

0 Kudos
Marty_Stump
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Marco, 

Lately I have been having interactions with "Customers" that seem to be very robotic and I am getting charged for these inquiries. Is there anything that cooperate can change so this can be monitored so I am not getting charged for such bogus inquires?