Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
VicZ
Level 1

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution

Is it possible to put an overall cost for a job as oppossed to an hourly rate.  For instance if I am shooting weddings, I would like to post a total cost which people could see because otherwise people are choosing me for a bid and I am getting charged and the folks really don't have enough in there budget to make it worthwhile.  I am always looking for ways to hone in on  jobs that are worthwhile  & not getting stuck being charged for a job I don't want.

Thumbtack Employee MarcoZ
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

This is good feedback, @VicZ. Thank you. We'll make sure it gets passed along to the relevant teams.

I'll also take this as an opportunity to say something you already know: You are the experts in your field. And so, we always want to hear from you. If there is something that could be improved in your specific category, let us know.  We have an entire team - the Category Management team - that’s focused on improving Thumbtack for specific categories and industries. They want to hear from you, and they monitor the Community.

One ask: when giving us your feedback, please be as specific as possible. For example: telling us, “Prices are too high” or “Customers don’t give us enough info” is not enough information for us to take action on. We need to know the what and the why and the how. Tell us what isn’t working, why it isn’t working, and how we could improve it.

The more detail you provide us in your feedback, the more action our teams can take.

Also, keep in mind that we have hundreds of thousands of pros, in nearly a thousand categories across the entire country. While we can’t take every suggestion we get from our pros, we do hear every piece of feedback. We then synthesize that feedback and decide where, and when, we can take action to make the greatest impact for our pros.

One of our priorities is to increase the transparency around what we’re working on, and the Community is a great place to stay informed.  We have a Product News & Updates board, where we post about all major product announcements.  And we’ve just started publishing a monthly round-up summarizing these announcements.  Check out the March roundup here.

The bottom line is that you are the ones using Thumbtack, and we need it to work for you. So, please keep your feedback coming.

Thanks for all that you do.

@Jay360 @ChefZacki @SunsetPhoto @WendeePease @JMJ-Locksmith @WideOpen0097 @VicZ @TrainerDad @Hankster @AlohaServices @DJStevie @bridalqn @Patriotdoor @JasmineWorrell @bridalqn 
Thank you to you all for the feedback you shared regarding your specific categories. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Barbeve
Level 5

Plans for Top Pros and Highly recommended vendors

Solved! Jump to solution

My experience with Thumbtack is amazing. Their customer service always replies to me. 80% of my business comes from THEIR  marketing and getting the customer to me to at least to a chance to showcase my business.

My question is as we all continue to grow your business and mine, are you going to throw in incentives for customers to try the service. Or even incentives and maybe bonus points ($$) for vendors to bid more or get credits for a job well done? 

I give excellent service, so the experience with MY business and Thumbtack leaves a customer happy and will come back to try to find other vendors for other areas of their lives. I have used TT for my own home, looking for an exterminator and more. 

We all need to keep the customer in mind while building together. Thank you TT.

Solved! Jump to solution

There are 2 questions that I would appreciate a response to.  I have requested clarification of both these areas before and never recieved a response.  Please also see my posting during the last on line forum regarding Promoting Services.

1. TT tags some promoted services with a "great value" description.  How is "great value" determined and why does TT make subjective judgments about the content of a pro's work without any knowledge of the actual content. In my sector, resume writing, value should be based on cost vs. quality ratios. How does TT arrive at those ratios? Great value tags give some businesses extra promotion by inferring those services are better than others. Without specific qualifiers and metrics presented, this ranking process seems a bit unethical.  Please explain your thinking and why this process is fair to all.

2. Reviews  Why does TT manipulate the order of reviews on my profile? Again, it seems that TT is making subjective judgements.  Reviews should be listed in chronological order to demonstrate to clients the continutity of work and that a pro is currently competitive in the sector. My test prep customers have expressed suprise that my first review is from 2017.  It gives the impression that I have not conducted any tutoring since that date. This, in turn, drives down potential hires and affects the bottom line for TT as well as my business.  Every pro should be listed chronilogically and TT should not, once again, be promoting winners and loosers according to their subjective analysis of which reviews are strong or weak.  If everyone's reviews are listed the same way, customers can figure out who they wish to hire by equal comparison. My reviews are a product of my expertise and performance within my sector. Why does TT have the "right" to manipulate  order and presentation of my reviews to "influence" clients?

Thank you for your reflection on and response to these issues. 

I would like to attend the live stream session, but my work schedule prevents me from doing so as I have students scheduled for that evening.

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@nancykenright I'm happy to help provide some context. 

• Great value:
    • Correlates with the pro having slightly lower prices than others in their area, along with a higher review score than the average pro in their area.
  • In high demand 
    • Means that the Pro historically has more contacts from customers than other pros on the list

• Review order
    The most complete, recent, and verified reviews will appear first. For example, a recent verified review with a photo of the job will appear before an older unverified review without an image. We do this to show customers the most complete and robust reviews that your profile has to offer and this is the way it's done for every pro on Thumbtack. When you're logged in and viewing your profile, we'll show you your reviews in chronological order so that you can keep track of your reviews in the order and time that they came in.
0 Kudos
ckiffney
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm a high end service provider, and I wonder what my potential clients are seeing when they view the quotes. Are they comparing on price first, or are they seeing the services I provide?

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@ckiffney This article here has a lot of helpful information regarding how customers find pros on Thumbtack. Be sure to check it out! Another way to get familiar with the system is by using Thumbtack from the customer side. The next time you have a project you need to hire a pro for, use Thumbtack. We'd love to hear how it goes! 

0 Kudos
RichieKaye
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

You've awarded me Top Pro in Houston.  I assume I am a good customer you want to keep.  Until the promoted search feature was launched, I found your service helpful and useful. 

But then, your promoted search program was disastrous for my Holiday bookings.  For the first time, I received far, far fewer leads than even Gigsalad sent me!   I complained bitterly about the precipitous drop in leads (from many the prior year to only a handful) that came my way after you implemented this highly touted program just before my high season. 

I asked many, many times (8?) for a call-back from the executive responsible for this program so that I may complain directly to the person whose program caused it, but no executive has ever called me to take responsibility for this.  I hear only from courteous service reps that, basically, they are the first line of defense and no exec will ever call me.  And no one has.  

My question: am I, a Top Pro in my market, not important enough to receive a call from an executive decision maker when the company's actions have negatively affected my business?  Will you not attempt, at an executive level, to understand what I, presumably a valued customer of yours who represents your service to the world in a positive light?  If not, why?

pastadeej
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
When will the calendar interface be modernized so pros with other jobs can indicate different work hours for each day of the week? And are there plans to allow the TT calendar to sync with a google calendar (this would greatly benefit those of us with google calendars on our websites!)

Solved! Jump to solution

Sync with Google Calendars is a GREAT IDEA!!!  Posting to too many different calendars wastes time and is akward at best.