Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
rgyanks
Community Regular

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes. Here's my question?  The promote feature killed my business, thus is there a way for  the way "job leads" are now handled to be changed? ie, a pro is NOT charged UNLESS he/she actually speaks/texts with a an interested client! Please consider revising your current "job lead " protocol.

MR
Community Veteran

Solved! Jump to solution

Does anyone know how we can participate and / or listen in to this?  I will be fascinated to hear if the major isues are addressed.

DJStevie
Community Expert

Solved! Jump to solution

@MR 

As what I've heard from a few Pro peers, it's only open to Top Pros via invitation to register to see the Live Stream at 6PM PST. I would love to know why it wasn't open to ALL Pros! After all, we are all a part of Thumbtack. Without ALL of its' Pros, they wouldn't exist.

But it would be interesting to see if all of the major issues have been addressed, and not just with vague answers as we usually get along with links.

0 Kudos
MR
Community Veteran

Solved! Jump to solution

@DJStevie Oh wow - now that is dissapointing. 

If this is true, the original post in this thread by @JasonB is very misleading as the only mention of a requirement of being a Top Pro is to win the $100. There is no mention of the need to be a Top Pro to participate.

@JasonB Can you clarify please?
0 Kudos
Soe
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
I have been a member for a few years now and keep asking “Only charge if we get booked” and NOT CHARGE US to just answer questions?
Highlighted
Batkitty5961
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
I have an “in home” grooming business. My parameter is one hour or 50 miles (both are basically equal to the other). My problem is… Your system forces me to list my ZIP Code to create this parameter which all the customers can see. I can’t tell you how many customers I lose because “they decide” That it’s “too far for me to drive”. I have been turned down on numerous occasions for this reason yet I have had to pay for the lead. I don’t think this is fair.
SaraO
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

I absolutly love Thumbtack, it litterally changed my life and brought my business to a whole other level. How did you come up with the idea of creating Thumbtack and what are some of the challenges you had at the beggining?  

Sara Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
MR
Community Veteran

Solved! Jump to solution

@SaraO It is great to hear that you are having success on TT. As I am sure you have read, this is not the typical post these days on these boards.

Are you seeing the same issues that so many of us are seeing relative to ghost leads, prices that seem random, and poor conversion rates vs what was the case before the promote feature was implemented?

If not, what are you doing differently? Could the difference be the line of work you are in, your geography? 

Just searching for what many of us are missing as I truly believe we all want TT to be a great tool for us, but just struggling a bit on how to make it work in a productive manner.

SaraO
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @MR

It might be because of the line of work that I am in, I am an online private Spanish teacher/tutor. The prices do seem random but they are always within the same range and they are very reasonable. I like the promote feature better because the students are the ones that contact me if they like my profile and want to work with me, I am more likely to convert that way. I know that TT is not perfect, but I get 95% of my students from here so I really can't complain. 

0 Kudos
MR
Community Veteran

Solved! Jump to solution

@SaraO When a student picks you and you respond, do they respond back? The lack of response back from leads has been a major source of frustration. If so, do you know whether they are using the mobile app or the website? 

0 Kudos