@jcp Agreed! Every other lead generation service I use either provides exclusive leads (ie, no other pros know of the lead until I decline it) or at most 2 other pros. Oh and the lead cost on those systems is between $18 and $55.. so the cost is very much in line with TT in many cases and I have a response rate of about 75% to my "I am happy to help and want to know more" initial message sent to the lead.
So... why is TT so different in lead behavior????
1) There should be a setting where pros can choose whether they want partial matches or not. Your support people are saying this gives pros "more choices", but I am a personal chef/cooking instructor, and I am getting leads from hundreds, and in some cases thousands, of miles away. Such leads are useless to me. I think this is less about expanding choices than it is about TT being able to say you are giving me a large number of leads. But many of these leads are garbage, and I do not have time to sort through them. I only want leads where ALL criteria are met, not just some, particularly in terms of maximum number of guests and travel distance.
2) When "Promote" is turned on, the leads are charged just for being provided. I realize that promoting a listing is going to come with a fee, but this is a sneaky way to do it. Why not just charge a monthly fee to promote the listing? You get the money up front and I don't have to deal with paying for leads that only have partial matches?
3) The user interface is very confusing. I was told by support staff that "Jobs" means jobs for which I was not contacted, but for which I might want to respond or bid. A lot of the partial matches are coming in this way, and for services for which I have turned promote on, some of these are these partial match garbage listings.
4) Finding how to turn off partial matches is very confusing and well-hidden.
5) I am no longer getting very many useful leads from TT, which makes me wonder if the customer-side user interface is just as confusing, or perhaps generates just as many useless hits for the customer, so perhaps customer use is down in favor of local sites like NextDoor. If your customer-side user base is down, and you are trying to compensate for that by sending leads on partial matches and calling it "choice", that is not helping make TT useful to pros.
Hello @JasonB Can you please tell us what time this live Q&A is going to be at today? Your post doesn't indicate that. Several people have asked & that question & no answer has been provided by anyone. Surely the moderators must know what time this will be at.
Hey Jason, How, When and Where can I access Marco's Live Stream? Just spent wayyy tooo much time with Customer Service and "They" couldn't tell me. What's Up with that_ Does Marco Do Live Streams Every Day ??? How about a responsive and timely reply. Thanks Much ~
Hi there @StvRich. It's great to hear that you're such a fan of Thumbtack, we're happy to have you. I also want to congratulate you on your current Top Pro status, definitely something to be proud of! Keep up the amazing work.
Hey Jason, How, When and Where can I access Marco's Live Stream? Just spent wayyy tooo much time with Customer Service and "They" couldn't tell me. Not Helpful. What's Up with that_ Does Marco Do Live Streams Every Day ??? How about a responsive and timely reply so I can attend. Thanks Much ~