Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
jcp
Community Veteran

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution
Will you consider making it that customers can only respond to 3 or 4 pros from the huge list they get. That way customers can not respond to 11-12 pros? Us pros can calculate the profit for TT when 7 or 8 or 12 customers respond to a request. When we see the cost to respond can be up to $50 or more, this is one of many concerns for Pros and doesn’t seem fair or balanced or encouraging. So the question simply is - will TT apply a maximum response number for customers to contact Pros. As for me - the cost to respond against the number of pros allowed to be contacted seems unbalanced and not helpful or supportive for the pros on this site to be successful.
0 Kudos
MR
Community Veteran

Solved! Jump to solution

@jcp Agreed!  Every other lead generation service I use either provides exclusive leads (ie, no other pros know of the lead until I decline it) or at most 2 other pros. Oh and the lead cost on those systems is between $18 and $55.. so the cost is very much in line with TT in many cases and I have a response rate of about 75% to my "I am happy to help and want to know more" initial message sent to the lead.

So... why is TT so different in lead behavior????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ChefZacki
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

1)  There should be a setting where pros can choose whether they want partial matches or not.  Your support people are saying this gives pros "more choices", but I am a personal chef/cooking instructor, and I am getting leads from hundreds, and in some cases thousands, of miles away.  Such leads are useless to me.  I think this is less about expanding choices than it is about TT being able to say you are giving me a large number of leads.  But many of these leads are garbage, and I do not have time to sort through them.  I only want leads where ALL criteria are met, not just some, particularly in terms of maximum number of guests and travel distance.

2)  When "Promote" is turned on, the leads are charged just for being provided.  I realize that promoting a listing is going to come with a fee, but this is a sneaky way to do it.  Why not just charge a monthly fee to promote the listing?  You get the money up front and I don't have to deal with paying for leads that only have partial matches?

3)  The user interface is very confusing.  I was told by support staff that "Jobs" means jobs for which I was not contacted, but for which I might want to respond or bid.  A lot of the partial matches are coming in this way, and for services for which I have turned promote on, some of these are these partial match garbage listings.

4)  Finding how to turn off partial matches is very confusing and well-hidden.

5)  I am no longer getting very many useful leads from TT, which makes me wonder if the customer-side user interface is just as confusing, or perhaps generates just as many useless hits for the customer, so perhaps customer use is down in favor of local sites like NextDoor.  If your customer-side user base is down, and you are trying to compensate for that by sending leads on partial matches and calling it "choice", that is not helping make TT useful to pros.

K-9
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey Jason _ WHEN & WHERE I HAVE TO DO ??? How about the Favor of a REPLY ~

Hankster
Community Veteran

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello @JasonB Can you please tell us what time this live Q&A is going to be at today? Your post doesn't indicate that. Several people have asked & that question & no answer has been provided by anyone. Surely the moderators must know what time this will be at. 

jcp
Community Veteran

Solved! Jump to solution
Yes - I too have been invited but have received no information how to join this discussion. Since it’s today - you going to let us know so us pros can arrange our plans.
0 Kudos
K-9
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey Jason,  How, When and Where can I access Marco's Live Stream? Just spent wayyy tooo much time with Customer Service and "They" couldn't tell me. What's Up with that_ Does Marco Do Live  Streams Every Day ??? How about a responsive and timely reply. Thanks Much ~  

StvRich
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution
NOPE-!
I am just sayin' ..."Hi"... to Marco!!!
(Steve - 7th Heaven Furniture & Carpet Cleaning)
(Long Island - New York)
I am a "Full-Convert" of ThumbTack-! (an H.A. survivor)
I did super-well on H.A.
(but at tremendous PERSONAL cost - in any dimension)
There WAS one major (Very Good) Biz lesson I learnt from H.A.
But the THUMBTACK model is a ........"winner"!!!
I will now become a "ThumbTack Apostle"
I will tell ...ALL... Contractors I meet - to use ThumbTack!

THANK YOU MARCO...!
never
Never
NEVER ... Ever...
Let yourself turn into H.A. !
Contractors are gonna just LLLLLLLOVE You guys.
YOU?
Can "take" the market.
It might be quiet... Might be a little slower...
But!
When contractors Begin To Realize your TRUE VALUE???
.....Sad days are coming to HA... Unless they start doing what.
-You- do!!!
They ....CAN'T..... compete.
(All they CAN do is throw names around)
ThumbTack is of high HIGH value to small biz!
(AND big biz too!!!)
Sincerely
Steve
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi there @StvRich. It's great to hear that you're such a fan of Thumbtack, we're happy to have you. I also want to congratulate you on your current Top Pro status, definitely something to be proud of! Keep up the amazing work. 

0 Kudos
K-9
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey Jason,  How, When and Where can I access Marco's Live Stream? Just spent wayyy tooo much time with Customer Service and "They" couldn't tell me. Not Helpful. What's Up with that_ Does Marco Do Live  Streams Every Day ??? How about a responsive and timely reply so I can attend. Thanks Much ~