Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution

@K-9 @DJStevie @Hankster @MR @jcp 
Meckell and I have sent you all a direct message with some information on this. If you have further questions feel free to get back to us there. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron 

I do thank you and Meckell for sending me a message, and my fellow Pros as well, but I think @JasonB should have mentioned in his thread how this Q&A with @MarcoZ would happen, not leave it open for us to think that ALL pros would be a part of it today. Because many of us were keeping the day open so we can tune in.

LindaZ
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Is there a new plan in place to revert back to old platform which was more effective and beneficial to us as a vendor?

Kathryn
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Hey there! I’m a top-rated pro (musician in Chicago), and I’ve been with Thumbtack since 2013. I know that I’m an expert in my field, my profile is robust, and I have only five-star client reviews. I’ve spent hours on the phone and in chat sessions with Thumbtack employees trying to get refunded for a variety of different reasons. With each update, there’s a promise of a new/improved platform.

1) It’s extremely disappointing to spend $40 on a lead when someone is just price shopping and never responds (which happens most of the time). In most of these cases, the client does not hire through TT, and yet TT is making sometimes $40+ dollars from each pro?? Even the worst booking agent wouldn’t take a cut for a job that never got booked. These “leads” are not gateways to more work for musicians, and most of our work is a one-time deal (wedding, fundraiser, holiday party).

2) I’ve spent THOUSANDS of dollars on TT over the last few years, almost exclusively from quotes to clients who didn’t book me (over $600 on customers who never responded or messaged me in error last year alone). 25% of what I made last year went to paying for Thumbtack charges. (I remember being so upset that I asked if I could arrange a conversation with the CEO, and I was laughed at). When I brought my concerns up to a TT rep, she credited me $10. It feels to me, and to many in our community, that TT is completely exploiting professionals and making it nearly impossible for us to book work or even break even.

3) I’m constantly getting requests for services I don’t offer. It’s already a full-time job to freelance, and I don’t have time to police my TT charges.

4) Why not switch to a monthly membership model, like Gigmasters or GigSalad? Or not charge Pros at all if the customer contacts them directly? Or only charge a fee if a Pro books a gig? I was told by a TT representative that “advertising is a risk.” It feels WAY more like a gamble than an investment when we submit a quote, with the odds rarely in our favor.

I’m a professional musician with a master’s degree and 10 years of experience gigging. I’d like to continue using Thumbtack, but its current iteration is not working for me. I wish I could tune in tonight, but I have a gig. PLEASE work to incorporate more transparency and adjust your business model so it’s not exploiting Pros. Happier Pros will equal happier customers, too! Thank you for your consideration.
rackumup3
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Why can't we pay for hires instead of all leads. I've responded to a lead that says they want to hire me but when I accept they don't call, email or text at all yet I'm charged a fee.
I've gotten an email from Thumbtack asking to schedule a review from the customer before I'm even hired,why?
The customer needs to be as specific as possible about what they need done.
Put a hired button on every page when I'm corresponding with the customer. As soon as I'm hired I can hit it on any email.
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi there @rackumup3 be sure to check out Marco's post here that talks about our pricing. 

Thanks for bringing up your experience on scheduling reviews - I'm sorry if it was a little confusing. Customers are able to review a pro based on the experience they had with them, even if it didn't end up in a hire. 

We definitely want you guys to get the info you need from customers. Are there any questions that you feel are missing in the request form for your services? Do you have any suggestions for us to help you get that needed info? 

As far as a hired button, thanks for your suggestion! We'll be sure to pass along that feedback. For now, I recommend utilizing the update project status feature that's in the messenger. 

0 Kudos
DPT
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I am an acoustic piano tuner who perform light reconditioning, and repairs on most make and model pianos. I also am a certified technician  for QRS digital player piano systems. I am hoping to generate a following in my county of Volusia County in central Florida.

My question is: If I upgrade to promote, is there a way to view the potential customers quote information without having to accept it because lots of times I paid for quotes I could not do because for various reasons the customer picked me thinking I could do a job I was not equipment or experienced in.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@DPT when you promote your business, you tell us what jobs you always want and can do. That way, if a customer wants to work with you and their job details match their preferences, they can do so in just one click. When that customer reaches out to you, that’s when you’re charged. This video here does a great job at explaining how it works, be sure to check it out! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ma
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I will be at the Lido deck to see evening so please have Margo respond to me by email so I'm sure that I can get it at:

Resultsatlastmadison@gmail.com

OK so here's my question I'm noticing that I don't even get seen by clients unless I paid to be promoted. And the higher my promotion budget the more often I get seen. This seems unfair as on a typical job I may only earn about $200 so if I go for a high promotion budget in two categories I am wiping out huge segments of my income just from marketing fees. I know many other pros are concerned about this please let me know what your newest plans are to achieve Fair payment and fair coverage of all pros. I worked really hard to attain top pro status and I'm not even been seen hardly at all. This is a problem.

As many other pros are also the marking my income has gone plummeting down word over the last four months so whatever marketing efforts you are doing they may be helping the company and its shareholders but they don't seem to be helping the pros.

As a pro I want to share in your financial success since it is built directly on my labor
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@Ma we'll be recording the live Q&A and posting it here after. That way, pros who are unable to watch it will still be able to see it. 

0 Kudos