Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
Moderator Kameron

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution

@jcp glad to hear that your first week has gone so well. The number of pros contacted vs the cost per contact is something that you've mentioned before and I wanted to let you know that feedback has been shared. I actually had a similar conversation with another pro about this topic HERE if it interests you. Keep up the great work and I hope the rest of your 30 days continues to be a good experience!

davidwarner
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

Excellent way to put everything.  I am a photographer and my path has been almost the same as yours.  I can not go back to TT the way things stand right now.

0 Kudos
MR
Community Veteran

Solved! Jump to solution

If I had a dollar for every one of the posts like this....

I am a photographer and my path has been almost the same as yours.  I can not go back to TT the way things stand right now.

c'mon TT- how many times do people need to post this message before you commit that change (and I mean big change) is needed???

Lar
Community Veteran

Solved! Jump to solution

This thread is now 34 pages and the feedback Thumbtack requested from their Pros has been overwhelmingly critical, some if it extremely so. With all that criticism there was one post by '@JenBrookman that really stood out to me and highlighted the seriousness of what Thumbtack has done and how it has affected (and is continuing to affect) someone's life in the most negative way.

If you haven't read Jen's post do yourself a favor and go read it now. It's eye-opening, 

In part Jen said...

• I'm landing about 10% of the jobs that I was before.  Most leads ghost me.  And I have yet to receive a lead, in MONTHS that I actually would have chosen to bid on. Transitioning to Promote last fall was essentially the same as being laid off right before the Holidays.  It was devastating to my family and I.  In order to even receive leads, I had to lower my hourly rate by 65%.  Then I pay and get ghosted.  I couldn't care less about the discount.  In the middle of this, I was asked for my mailing address, so TT could send me a Christmas card.  TT also took away my personal rep, who was trying to help me figure out a way to become more visible.  We're still trying to recover, and I'm trying to find a way to transition away from Thumbtack.  I feel so taken advantage of, and I also feel like a total tool for even sticking around, but I had put so much trust in TT in the past, that I put too many eggs in that basket.  Pros are becoming emotionally exhausted, and completely burnt out with this system.  But also feel the pressure to stay, because it USED to work, and MIGHT again someday.  

Of all the posts I've read since being here I read Jen's post and my heart went out to her. I didn't reply initially because I wanted to see if Marco or someone else from Thumbtack would say something in reply.

They didn't. No-one from Thumbtack said a word.

Then earlier today I saw a thread started by @PhilippaB titled '4 Secrets for happy customers' - it's a good thread. Philippa offers some very sound advice and she strikes me as being very much like @DustiO, just two genuine people doing their best to encourage and help the Pros in their own way.

One piece of advice Philippa shared was...

• Empathy is everything. If a customer has a problem or complaint, put yourself in their shoes to understand the issue and offer the best solution. If necessary, apologize, and let the customer know you recognize why they’re upset and want to help. If you’re not sure how to solve the problem, ask them what solution they’d be satisfied with. And, even if the customer is being rude, always remain calm and don’t take it personally.

It's excellent advice but when I read it I couldn't help but get angry because as good as Philippa's advice is it apparently didn't apply to Jen when she made here post expressing her hurt and anger because of what she was having to deal with as a direct consequence of being a loyal Thumbtack Pro. I wasn't angry at Philippa, I don't expect she was even aware of Jen's post. I was angry at whoever is making the decisions at Thumbtack that has affected Jen, and every other Pro who is having problems with this system, myself included.

I got in touch with Jen and I asked her if someone from Thumbtack had taken the time to reach out to her privately to discuss her concerns. Jen said no-one had. That's when I decided to write this post.

There is something very wrong when a company sees feedback like Jen's and no-one says anything.

If empathy is everything then where's the empathy here? Maybe Thumbtack realize that saying, "we're working on it" or "we'll pass on your feedback", to someone like Jen wouldn't be credible or helpful since that's all we've been hearing for months without seeing anything change. 

Regards,
Laurence.

MR
Community Veteran

Solved! Jump to solution

@Lar 

Excellent post!

One thing I have said several times on these boards - TT's silence to these messages actually speaks volumes. TT, we hear you loud and clear.

However, as long as we are here, you still have the opportunity to make sure we are hearing things as you want them heard - not as we interpret it to be.

This is getting exhausting.

Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

@Lar thank you for this thoughtful post. I agree with you that empathy, as @PhilippaB expressed, is one of the greatest characteristics we can embody - not just as business owners and Thumbtack employees, but as human beings. I hope you will understand that every pro is important to us, and that these stories matter.

When I owned my cake company, my income was our only income. I remember a tiny charge on my debit card putting our bank account in the negative - and then a series of fees and bank charges uprooting my life for several weeks. I understand that Thumbtack plays a pivotal role in the real lives of real people - and it's critical that we make our pros' investment in Thumbtack worth it. I talk to pros every single day - in this Community and in person. I talk to many pros that are winning on Thumbtack - I know we are headed in the right direction, but I know there is still much to be done. 

Posts like @JenBrookman's are important to us. If we haven't gotten to it yet, it doesn't mean that we don't care or don't plan to address it. It could mean that we were traveling across the country to meet and hear our pros. We take time to personally respond to pros here and, well, that takes time. 

Thank you for tagging me in your post so that I could address Jen more quickly. This is what this Community is about - our pros supporting and connecting with one another.

@JenBrookman I thank you for staying with us, even in the face of immense frustration and exhaustion. I am working tirelessly (we all are) to make sure we get to where we need to be. If you want to reach out to me in a DM I am here - let's see what we can do together.

davidwarner
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

You asked for my feedback and here it is.  I used to love TT and it was my best resource for leads and jobs for three years.  I was able to adapt to the price changes and continued to grow with it.  The instant match and the unknown pricing is not working for me- and I have heard and read that others feel the same way.  It may work for others but not me.  I don't cookie cut so I need to see what, where and other factors before I spend an unknown amount- also be put in a pool of 15 others.  I have responded within a few minutes and then to find that I was the slowest.  I have been a top pro for a few years but I am certain I can not do that anytime soon.  

Highlighted
AAW
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

How come it doesn't seem like no one is listening to the top pros when we say that the prices we are being charged is ridiculous and we feel cheated and not being heard. It's been over a year that we have beed addressing this issue with "we are looking into it" or "we will forward your concern"...to no avail? I have spent thousands on here and feel i have been robbed with the recent changes no matter how TT tells me it works in my favor. I used to spend around $17+$25 or so dollars for my remodeling company before for a bid. This is expensive but it wasn't too bad for the return. NOW i have to spend $50-$75 for the SAME type of lead with even less chance of getting a response since you have also upped the number of pros that can respond making my odds go way down. Still have seen no change or concern. I know we have to spend money to make money but this is being taken advantage of. We are the ones who put TT on the map. I am not opposed to spending money, but not like this, not for the return i have been getting. Its crazy to stay here and spend hundreds a week on a whim. I am almost totally out from using TT anymore since i have seen no change.

SilverLine
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
The time I have been on thumbtack, 2 Years, you have changed the way we get credits or pay for leads, Why have you chosen to do this, and how did we end up at the current result? It has kept me from wanting to bid!
0 Kudos
PtbSolutions
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
Is the customer aware that the professionals are getting charge for a response or reply?
0 Kudos