Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
MR
Level 11

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution
@PtbSolutions
No. They are not as far as I can tell
0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution

@PtbSolutions I've been a member of Thumbtack for 10 years now. The leads are not & never have been aware that we get charged when they reach out using any of the conversation starter questions or if they viewed your quote when the credits system was used. I've made the suggestion many times over the years that the lead should be aware that the service pro gets charged when they contact us. I guess that suggestion like many others I have made over the years have fallen by the wayside.

Barbeve
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I have actually added that there's a fee to my profile intro. And that I don't have insurance, which costs to reply to a propective client. I think it's working. 

Batkitty5961
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I have too… And I seem to be getting less ghosting or tire kickers. I put it right up front that Thumbtack charges me and to please only contact me if they are serious about looking for my services. I was spending way too much money on people just kicking my tires
0 Kudos
Sandman
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Three concerns.

First, the pricing wouldn't feel so outrageous if only the WINNING pro were charged the fee and those not getting the work were refunded. I would go after many more leads if this were the case.

Second, and this is only from my perspective with regards to my area but I'm sure it relates to make other types of business here. A lead to build a new deck for a $75 fee is acceptable to me it I get the work. A lead for a repair to a deck, however, cost me as much as $50-60 where I might have only charged $100-150 for the entire repair. This is completely unacceptable and the algorithm for those fees need to be adjusted as i won't even look at a repair leads anymore as a result and that was more than half of my business prior to now.

Thirdly,

The leads for decks and porches need to be separated. I don't do concrete and concrete guys don't do decks. I have had a number of occasions where I replied to a lead on paid a fee only to find the needed stamped concrete or something similar. This could be easily rectified by making the 'type of material preferred' category a menu that MUST BE FILLED IN by the customer so that concrete and decking pros can differentiate what the customer wants.
0 Kudos
Kelvin
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Is Thumbtack going to start doing something to help cut down in the fake ads so us professionals don't get charged for services. that we dont make any money for

0 Kudos
AFPMAGIC512
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

As a Thumbtack Pro, why do you not supply alternate means of reaching out to leads other than through your platform? It would be nice to have access to a customers email address at a minimum or telephone number once we have paid for a lead. I've had several clients contact me by telephone indicating I never reached out to them when I did. Reaching out to leads through your platform only is a massive roadblock to securing business.

Highlighted
dagomatic
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Hahahahahahah.... Chat Has Been Disabled in the Webinar.... totally perfect.

MR
Level 11

Solved! Jump to solution

Any updates on how things have been going? Any hope that pros are being heard?

0 Kudos
Patriotdoor
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I know, that was the worst live q&a I have seen. Totally avoided most of our concerns and questions
0 Kudos