Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Patriotdoor
Level 5

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution
I can already tell this live chat is going to be a runaround
0 Kudos
Patriotdoor
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
They totally avoided the hard hitting questions.
AndrewHEDPM
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Yes, can you work on developing a remote/face time feature to recognize the area of work? For renovations, remodelings, painting etc.
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

This is a great suggestion @AndrewHEDPM! We'll be sure to pass along the feedback to our Product team. 

0 Kudos
Jay360
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Is there anyway for customers to note their budget range on job request? Saves everyone time upfront

Ex: customer needs an 8 camera system installed but only willing to pay $200-250, some reason are, they think it's easy, they didn't pay much for system..etc
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Patriotdoor
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I have used thumbtack to hire other pros and when I use the website it almost seems like I am going to get and instant price, then after filling out the information I am then told pros will contact me. Obviously I know how thumbtack works but if. First time person online using your website it is very confusing and a little misleading. I feel like this results in bad leads that we pay for. If you could tell customers up front how the process works up front I fell like it would greatly dimish people just searching for general cost and are not ready to hire anyone yet. Is this a common complaint or just me?
0 Kudos
patricklytle
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

You suggest that you and the TopPros are "partners" but I'm seeing countless TopPros - including myself - incredibly frustrated (and having left) your service, because the partnership seems one direction. The model changed and blew us all up and the response we've gotten is always the same...be sure you promote, be sure your settings are correct...same old, same old. When will Thumbtack actually partner with their TopPros? You are losing people left and right.

DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@patricklytle 

If we are partners with him, then he would make sure we are being heard and taken care of. Which I thought that this Webinar was about.

MR
Level 11

Solved! Jump to solution

@DJStevie Agreed - I have the feeling that you will see the participation on these forums drop off pretty substantially as my guess is the recent avoidance of the big issues will be a deal breaker for many and a confidence killer.

Silence should not be construed as positive acceptance.

This is no longer at the level appropriate for the moderators to address successfully as their pay grade does not allow them to make the changes that are needed to restore confidence. Last night, from what I understand, was a major missed opportunity on the part of leadership. (I really hope the leadership team didnt go out for drinks after the conference celebrating how good of a call it was )

It's unfortunate, but, as I recently posted this morning on another thread, I have turned off promote on all of my categories until I see positive change as I simply cannot afford to spend money in a place where the ROI opportunity is so minimal. If TT fixes this issue, I will happily revisit.

Puneetsghai
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I think my biggest challenge with thumbtack is the fact that the client is going to select one person to send a message to off the list. But then they will message 12 other people just to cast a wide net. Thumbtack makes money for each pro that is contacted. And often times, I get no response only bc I’m one of the runner ups. Is there any way for pros to not get charged if the client that reaches out is obviously not a fit (ie their budget is under 250 and I charge 900)( I’m being charged for the 900 dollar quote) ( they’re not going to pick me).