results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Nnservices
Level 4

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Marcos, thank you for invites us, We are very happy to be part of thumbtack, Our small business grow thanks the help for Thumbtack. It had been a big opportunity. I would like to know if soon thumbtack will change the system to promote a services, because i would like to participate but some customer contact aprox 7 or 9 company finding quote, we think is a lot person to contact. thank you Marcos

0 Kudos
Kelvin
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

As a Top Pro you say we are partners with Thumbtack, I just finished my taxes and figured out I spend a little over 12 hundred dollars last year going after projects. Now I have been a Top pro for 2 years at least. I would say I would be hard press to have made much more than 15 hundred dollars after paying Thumbtack there cut

jcp
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution
There are many, many questions on here - many similar - and you didn’t even answer. What keeps you up at night? Really? And only 30 minutes for this webinar? There are over 200 questions on the feed alone. Very disappointed. I wanted to hear tough questions and answers. Address the overwhelming theme of questions here. I appreciate Marcos willingness to get up front and speak. However, this was a waste of time. Let me come and ask the questions and run it like a real seminar. Like - will you be putting a cap on the amount of pros a customer can contact. Because allowing a customer to contact 7-9-12 other pros is unnecessary and only benefits Thumbtack. It decreases our odds of getting booked. Thumbtacks willingness to let a cap on this will show their support for us pros. That’s a real question, real concern. Wow. Really disappointed with this. Hopefully next one will be more productive. However, I do belive efforts are being done by Thumbtack to guide this ship.
RCPS
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

@jcp - I wasn't part of the invite list so didn't get to see the session.  I'm disappointed to hear that it was lackluster, but then again, I'm not surprised.

What did surprise me, however, was that my question was chosen - I submitted the question about what keeps Marco up at night and heard from another Pro that he answered it.  I asked that question because I was hoping that he'd offer some type of personal acknowledgment about the disruption this new platform has caused to so many Pros (myself included) and what he plans to do about it.  Wishful thinking, I suppose.  Many other questions echoed how I felt so it's a shame that it seems he didn't address any of those at all.

Anyhow, I just wanted to share some perspective about why I asked that question.  That's something that I often do in my business to "gut check" the value that I offer my clients and in posing that question to him, I was hoping that he would catch the drift, so to speak.

-RCPS

thebabyfish1
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
How and why should l use thumbtack instead of Home Advisor or the other business platforms that are pulling me hard to ditch you ?
ronatrains
Level 5

Did anyone else find tonight's online session with Marco...

Solved! Jump to solution

Did anyone else find tonight's online session with Marco to be a frustrating waste of time? Prior to the meeting we were asked to post questions. I did, and I saw many others which, like mine, complained about the current pricing structure. None of these questions were read aloud tonight and the issues with the pricing model were barely touched on. Getting charged to respond to a lead that has supposedly selected you -- even if they also select 5 other people, is ridiculous. Not being able to respond to someone who asks for something you don't do without having to pay to tell them that makes us look unprofessional (and Thumbtack look useless). The only pricing really discussed was why they don't offer flat fee monthly pricing (they don't want to charge us if we are too busy for leads). It's ok to charge me on promote for a lead asking for a service I don't offer? I came away from this "event" even less satisfied with Thumbtack. I've been hired almost 800 times here and have over 350 reviews, but the changes to the way it works are not working for me anymore. It costs me too much and the quality f the leads has gone down down down.

DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Waste of time?

Solved! Jump to solution
@ronatrains
I wasn't invited.
Asked to post questions? Then @JasonB thread asking for questions was just a total waste of our time?
ronatrains
Level 5

Re: Waste of time?

Solved! Jump to solution

@DJStevie Jason read a couple of questions that has supposedly been posted in the thread but none of them dealt with the frequently repeated issue of being charged for bogus leads and not being able to respond to someone who has selected you to tell them you don't offer what they ask for (or clairify what they are asking for) without getting charged for it. It was like they cherry picked the softballs. The online event was a total waste of my time.

Highlighted
LindaZ
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I attended the online forum for this meeting last evening. I am still left with some questions and feel that might  have been addressed but not resolved.

Firstly, I DO NOT HAVE A REP from Thumbtack that has ever reached out, introduced themselves, nor supported me. While I have met many during meet-ups/Self made filming back in December 2018 etc, I was never presented with a direct contact.

I have names. 

Of course when I reach out to address an issue it is handled for me, but that is because I am taking my time to REACH OUT.

Secondly, This past year started off ok with the changes in your platform. The past 4 months it has been the pits. I keep updating my service details and areas to make sure that the leads being sent to me are correct. It seems that Thumbtack is not paying attention to my service areas and keeps sending me leads that are way too far or unfeasible for me to work in. Secondly here, what is the purpose of our CALENDAR? Isnt it to mark off areas that we are NOT available? Then why would you continue to send leads, charge for potenial instant matches, to that which is already NOT AVAILABLE?

These are definite areas that need attention. I appreciate Thumbtacks participation within my business, but I do not want to feel like it is only beneficial to you.

Please respond

THANKS

Linda 

LindaZuniga Events

Woodland Hills CA

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@LindaZ we have a variety of different resources for pros who need any type of support from Thumbtack. This article here has more info on ways to get in contact with us. Upon that, we here in the Community are more than happy to help and partner with you in any way that we can. Feel free to send me a private message at any time with any questions or concerns! 

You will notice that you will see leads in your Jobs tab that are up to 150 miles away, those are called partial matches. We send those to you because we want to give you more options. We understand that there's jobs that you always want, but there also may be jobs that you don't do often, but are still open to. 

The calendar is for you to block of times that you aren’t available or have another job. If you’re getting charged for leads that you have blocked off on your calendar, please let us know so we can get you a refund.

Again, I’m happy to help with whatever you need. Don’t hesitate to reach out with any other questions!