results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
BrennanBrick
Level 5

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution
Why have masonry and Concrete jobs changed so dramatic in price? $75.00 for a lead 4 others paid for? But if they say “no thanks” for their first reply then you’ll get refunded in CREDITS. That needs to be fixed..
Most people want more than one quote and a conversation with people before deciding. So if one customer talked to 4 contractors and finally chose one at the end, you mean to tell me thumbtack gets away with $300.00 from those 4 pros, possibly $375 if I was out of my mind and decided to pay that.

You have facts that people will still buy it because it’s their life and business, but I haven’t been able to use thumbtack with the way your promoting and pricing works since November 2018.. I built my business off thumbtack and now I’m leaving because I don’t have time to wait for change. My business is day by day. You should be able to make these changes to specific pros and not have them affect everyone.
I’ve been a top pro back to back, and I’m afraid I’m going to lose that status now. Constantly getting reviewed from my jobs without asking, I shined BRIGHT with 32 five star reviews and it just.. stopped.
I don’t understand.
I spent a little under $800.00 last year on leads, $600.00 of that were leads I paid for with NO reply.

Just a sad day. I hate to feel like I can’t even post something on thumbtack forum without it being deleted or removed because it’s not “positive”.
Why can’t I just post my concerns because I’ve gave you my service, I’ve even promoted thumbtack because of how much it worked out for me, but if I post something that’s not positive it gets removed?
Why would you do that?

MR
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution
Is the replay of the Thursday evening webcast going to be posted for all pros to hear?
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@MR yes. We will be sharing that sometime this week Smiley Happy 

Thumbtack Employee Travis_Turner
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey everyone, thank you for all your great questions and participation in this live event. The recording of the Q&A has been uploaded and it's available for viewing here

MR
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @Travis_Turner 

Thank you for posting for all to see. So that it gets better visibility to all pros, would it be possible to post this in the front page of the Thumbtack Community Site perhaos as a highlight or something that the users can see when they enter the community pages?

Thanks in advance.

Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

Great idea, @MR ! We can definitely do that!

StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

Marco said it

Solved! Jump to solution

At 20:13 of the live chat video Marco said "If I'm sending you something that you look at and say 'Not worth my time, not worth my money', we haven't done our jobs right."

I've been asking Thumbtack to stop sending me Wedding Videography leads for 2 months now.

What say you Marco?

Highlighted
Moderator Kameron

Re: Marco said it

Solved! Jump to solution

@StoriesUpSTL I know that this is something you've discussed and shared frustrations about with our teams on more than one occasion. I just want you to know that your feedback has been passed on for review. 

StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron,

That is one of the most frustrating things about Thumbtack.  I complain about something that:

A)  Is a waste of MY time

B) Wouldn't be that hard for your coding team to fix. 

Over and over again, you and @Meckell say my "feedback has been passed on for review."

I'm not bidding on these jobs.  I don't have Promote turned on for Wedding and Event Videography.  So this has ZERO monetary effect on Thumbtack.  In fact, I'm guessing that the time you are spending responding to me and reading this message is greater than the time it would take your coding team to create and impliment a change.

I've tried many different things to solve this issue on my end because the "team" is of no help.  I'm going to say that I charge $10K/hr for Wedding Videography and see if that stops them coming to my inbox.  It is absurd that I should have to do something like this rather than you creating a system where I get to opt out of the type of jobs that I don't want to see (both in notification form and having customer ask me for a quote).  

StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron I'll also add that MANYThumbtackPromoteSettings.png videographers do corporate events and DON'T DO weddings.  Now you've updated the system to where we Pros can't fine tune the settings (Travel areas, Job types, and times) unless we choose Promote.  Ok, then separate Corporate Event Videography from Wedding Videography.  I'll turn Promote on for Corporate Videography if you let me set a minimum budget.   I could then remove Wedding Videography as an active service.  Many pros have been asking for this for months and you guys are not changing it.  

Thumbtack Events Prices.png