Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
keiradavis27
Level 4

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution

@jcp Give promote a few weeks with the budget you are comfortable spending and I think you'll be happy. Although I'm sure depending on what service you're offering it could be different for you. Promote has been very successful for me. I've booked at least 5 clients from Thumbtack over the last couple of months. Some of the leads are not good, and I just ask for a refund because it is clearly not matching up with my criteria. So overall, I'm only losing money on very few clients. 

jcp
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution
@keiradavis27 thank you for responding and yes I am trying it this week. Happy Instant Match is gone - that was costly. I did book two clients the first day back on promote. Luck? We shall see. But that is promising so I’m glad I stepped back for several months. However, As for your experience, booking 5 customers in a couple months does not sound good to me. That is unfortunate from my perspective. Maybe you are new to TT because you don’t understand that those of us Top Pros who have been with TT for years were booking 5-8 customers a month. A month. Five customers in a few months is not a successful platform my perspective. But it does depend on what you spent in that time and money you’ve spent getting those five bookings in several months. Profit and loss to your business is critical for success. However, we each have the freedom to decide what is worth investing in from our own personal perspective. So, therefore, I am happy you are happy. Smiley Happy
keiradavis27
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

@jcp I wasn't a fan of Instant Match either! I've used Thumbtack for 2 years so I've been through a few of the cycles. 5 customers might sound like a little to you, but it's not for me with what I'm profiting. I could up my budget and get more customers I'm sure, but I'm at the same place a lot of people are with still getting a feel for the newness of promote. I hope you end up enjoying promote like I am. Smiley Happy 

KevinSPhoto
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
It would be fine if they actually refunded you for these leads.

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree with this post. I stopped responding to Thumbtack requests in January 2019 because I was not seeing a return on my investment. I am paying too much to just be an "information stop" for a person who probably is not really interested in hiring a DJ. I am finding more success on WeddingWire and Google.

Solved! Jump to solution
Why is it my business gets a bunch of leads, or a customer reaches out, and when we respond to them NOBODY EVER RESPONDS back??? Yet we have wasted yet another week of money paying for leads that produces NO hires and or NON responsive customers. That's so aggravating. Are these leads fake? We need answers, assp. Thanks!
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee MarcoZ
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for your question, @RejWrksCarolina.  And congratulations on being a Top Pro. 

I understand how frustrating it can be when potential clients don’t respond. I also understand that, as a small business owner, the money you spend is not an insignificant amount.

We are working hard to make sure that we get you the best leads possible, including improving targeting and the client experience, refining pricing and preferences, and much more. Our work is in service of ensuring that you have a solid return on your investment in Thumbtack.

Unfortunately, no matter what we do, there will always be clients who don’t respond - it’s just a fact of life. We are doing our best to make sure this happens less, but when it does happen, here are some tips.

The key is to make sure you are winning enough jobs overall to make your investment in Thumbtack worthwile, even if some individual leads don't pan out.

Our team is also available to offer tips and recommendations that might help you see more responses from customers. Send a private message to @Meckell or @Kameron if you're interested. At the end of the day, we want you to get hired!

Thanks to the other pros who asked related questions about unresponsive customers: 

@Lai @GailGutenmann @Patriotdoor @Kelvin @Peoplespainter @AAW @Kathryn @MR @Soe @rgyanks @Fee @BrokawLawn @MeridithAlexand @Mad_Dash_Art @JHampOfficiant @NickCavallaro @EJ @WendeePease @805_AV_Design @Chef_Aneva @RickB @ChefTanya @KevinSPhoto @Travelagent01 @Markoharps @Bdservices @Kayticlayton @wincincala2 @lclifephotos @handsonmusicllc @Blanche @CharlesL @RD @JakeCarter @StoriesUpSTL 

Solved! Jump to solution
Thx u Marco o do appreciate your hard work,Eddie The People's Painter Inc..
Suenue36
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi, I think there seems to be a large amount of people who don't reply, to me included, so I think a lot of Pros are frustrated at paying for leads, when they never even hear back from the customer. I know you said in your post that "we are working hard that we get you the best leads possible", but perhaps what should be done is that pros should not have to pay for leads unless they win the job. Or maybe make each lead $5.00. I don't understand why leads are $14.45, $16.39, random numbers that don't make sense.  

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Suenue36 thanks for sharing! For some additional context, Marco answered some questions about what goes into factoring our prices HERE. He also mentioned the steps we take to hear pro feedback about prices. I'd also check out our live Q&A recording as well, the topic of why we don't currently charge per hire was discussed at about 5 minutes in. 

0 Kudos