Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Appemporium
Level 4

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution
As a Top Pro, we know how important responding to leads quickly works to get the job. However, since December when a new lead comes over and I responds within 5 seconds it shows there are already 4 profs contacted. There is no possible way this can happen. It seems like it is either delayed to me or bogus info or not a true lead. I dont respond and decline the job. It was great before but now with this issue and promoting our business we just get charged and none of the leads materialize. Why did it change and how can we get it back to how it was? I was doing 10-15 jobs a week and now 0 ZERO!
THEPack
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
In dog training prices were raised 300%, but all "conveniences"/control taken away & harder to get hire.
Ex:
*i can no longer self-mark hired or ask for review from app, i have to go thru cust.serv.
*Instead of going against 4 other pros, it's now up to 15.
*when i reply to someone, i can't see if they read my quote even tho i paid $15. How can i track if it's worth it?
*There's no longer a breed space. People say "small under 15#", but when dog might be a lab & will be 70# full grown. Different training required than for an under 15# Maltese pup.
*** THE WORST!! no way to actually follow up with customer! I can't "fight for" job i paid for if i can't talk to the person. We should get an email and/or phone #.

Solved! Jump to solution
Hello Marco, you should offer job software at a monthly fee and discount leads to contractors use your job management software. As soon as I sell a job here I would like to put it on a schedule and also have the ability to send formal estimates. Pick my brain I'll be glad to help!
0 Kudos
Fee
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Hello Marco,
I love your system you got going. There is one thing that should be considered for us pro contractors that make your app work.
Let's say someone replies with a vague answer like when are you available and you proceed to say at anytime there ready for a free estimate. Then they never reply back, that's awful cause you get charged for them just answering back. We as your pro contractors should get credited back our monies for situations like this. Your managers have actually have credit me back for some situations that I have mo control of by your consumers. Thats why I love Thumbtack. Thanks Marcos
0 Kudos
Batkitty5961
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Why do I keep getting so many job quotes in the section is “jobs“ that are are up to 4 Hours away??? I spend more time deleting these things! I have already reset my parameter twice. Do I need to do it again?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee MarcoZ
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for this question, @Batkitty5961. And congrats on those 144 hires, that's awesome!

Our Community moderators, @Meckell and @Kameron, can look at your account and provide more information, but I wanted to respond more broadly on your point about setting preferences.

Ultimately, we want to make sure you get the jobs you want. The best way to do that is to set your preferences.  When you set your preferences, you are telling us exactly which jobs you always want to do.

And when you tell us which jobs you always want, we know that means you’ll respond quickly and provide great customer service. So we’ll know to show you in search results for the right customers. When you get a lead that exactly matches your preferences, you’ll pay automatically and get 20% off. This works well for many of our pros - and it will continue to get better and better.

But we also understand that it doesn’t work for everyone and that we have a lot to do to make it better. In the meantime, we want all of our pros to have as many opportunities as possible. Your travel radius will be automatically set at 150 miles if your preferences are not set.  But you still have all of the freedom you had before to pick and choose only the jobs you want to do.  You just might need to pass or decline those that you don't want.  Put another way, without setting your preferences, you’ll still get leads, but they may not be exactly what you want (and you’ll pay full price).

I'll also note that because of feedback from pros like you, in the next few weeks, we’re adding the capability to sort the opportunities you see in the Jobs tab by distance. Hopefully this helps, too.

For more info check out this article.

Thanks to the other pros who asked related questions about preferences and travel area: 

@Lai @ChefZacki @Raptorvalley @Buster @MeridithAlexand @Phil65011 @EJ @805_AV_Design @Bossbabe @DJStevie @1Silverfox @Kartisme01 @Howardlbca @sttnyc @Stetnie @bev @StoriesUpSTL @LindaZ 

0 Kudos
Raptorvalley
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

That doesn't keep me from having to decline a dozen+ customers a day that are contacting me from outside of my service area. Maybe when enough customers complain that contractors won't reply/constantly decline their request.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@MarcoZ 

You say that we get matched exactly from our preferences. How is that? Only the Pros know who is an exact match for us. Please elborate a bit. As a DJ, all factors come into play when choosing a client, not just clicking on music, number of attendees, etc.

As for travel radius, why is it automatically set at 150+ miles? That's not in my preferences. You allow us to set a travel preference, but we can't utilize it unless we Promote, true? Then why give us that option? I would never travel 150+ miles to DJ an event for 3-4 hours, and customer has a budget under $300. I know that I can decline those type of jobs, but why send it to me in the first place if you know what jobs I want? Something is wrong somewhere.

We shall see if sorting jobs by distance works, but personally, I feel that it may not work if we continue to receive jobs 150+ miles away. We need more local jobs coming in thru the Jobs tab.

Soe
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello DJ Steve,

I wanted to share that I agree with what you have shared. I am a DJ company within Thumbtach as well and my questions were not answered either. I have been bringing up the same questions for a few years and I dont see what is so hard about doing it this way.

1. DO NOT alter the Thumbtack charge depending on the location etc of the event in which you are being asked to perform at. Example: If the event is at a rural location and 50 people are attending for 6 hours the price we are charged to JUST ANSWER QUESTIONS is less than an event that is located within the BIG cities and 150 people are attending for 6 hours. To me the Thumbtack customer is not being treated fairly and in turn WE are not being treated fairly. The services DO NOT change, in the DJ world, regardless of the location and how many people attend.

2. I keep asking Thumbtack to charge us DJ's a % of the contracted amount and not a fee for answering THUMBTACK'S CUSTOMERS questions. Within the DJ trade they are not our customers until they book and a contract is signed. If this was to happen I feel many of us would reply to many more questions being asked by THUMBTACK'S customers and a better referral base would be shared to visit Thumbtack. I feel a 5% charge of the contracted price is a fair amount to pay for the lead. It would be easy to police this by a simple email to the Thumbtack customer asking, like they do now, if they have been booked. Then add a simple question "What is the booked price"? Then the DJ company gets charged 5% of that booked price. Thumbtack could also duplicate the question to the DJ company as well. The DJ company knows they will be asked this along with their new customer so it is wise to be honest. If you find some to be dishonest give them a warning and if it happens again kick them off your program.

To me it is easy and cost effective to 1 treat everyone equally regardless of their location, guest count and hours and 2 try out this new formula on how to charge ud DJ Companies.

Thank You for your time   

DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@Soe 

Good to hear that another DJ Pro has the same issue as myself. I know that @Hankster and myself have been trying to stress the pricing for months now, so good to hear that we aren't alone.

Each event that we DJ are different on all kinds of levels for the way that we charge a customer (family issues, start-finish time of event, lighting or no lighting, gobos, etc) But the lead costs is very expensive, even when we Promote, even though they tell us we get 20% off. When Promoting, we don't get to see the cost ahead of time. If we did, then I can say yes or no to charging me.

Thanks for agreeing with what I have shared. It means alot, because at times, I feel alone in the DJ category when voicing my concerns and suggestions to improve Promote, as well as improving the manual jobs tab, which I am tired of receiving jobs that do NOT fit my preferences.