Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
mm
Level 7

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution
2nd time I’ve asked this but when and where can we see this live?
0 Kudos
kathy
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Where and when Merkell??

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

Solved! Jump to solution

@kathy  It was last Thursday evening. Only some Top Pros were invited.

TT did say before the webinar that they would post the replay for alll to experience. Since last Thursday evening they have been silent on that however and nothing has been posted.

You can read in this thread some comments on what was covered and not covered  by Marco. 

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@kathy it was last Thursday. It was recorded and we'll be sharing that here in the Community sometime this week. Keep an eye out for that! 

0 Kudos
Lai
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Ciao Marco...unfortunately I m not getting gigs like I used to, the algorithms changed again, I am promoted for the wrong customer (outside from my travel areas) or get booked when my calendar is full.
The gigs I always did in the past now I have to send quote manually.
There is a big confusion and disappointments because I m paying a lot of many for quotes and I don’t know anymore how you are filtering requests or pros.
I am a top pro with 5 stars reviews and always had great jobs and I used to recommend thumbtack to all my artists friends.
Don’t know what to do anymore...we don’t even get free credits every once in a while as top pros, just to balance all the money we are putting into the websites.
Hope you can help everyone, the customers and the pros as well.
Grazie hope to a solution to this.
AlikiKibouri
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi there,

My name is Aliki and I am the owner of Kitchenina catering and one of your Top Pros.
A couple of questions:

1)Where do you see the cost of leads for catering going to?
Because the difference from last year to this year is more than 100% and we are not getting hired as much.
We are spending more on the leads and don't get hired nearly as much.
Your conversion rates have been lower and lower and lower.

2)Why can't we be charged after we are hired  for a percentage of our sales?
You will probably be making more money that way.

3)Your team has to understand that the catering business doesn't have fixed prices and there is a lot of variables involved in the math,the most important being that customers don't really know what they are looking for until they talk to you and most times provide misleading information.The old system worked much better because you send the templates,people saw your menu and pricing and if they contacted you,they knew what you had to offer.
If you went back that way,you would gain more business from EZ Cater in my opinion.

Thank you for your time,

Best,
Aliki

Declining a Lead

Solved! Jump to solution

Marco,

We are a new Swimming Pool Repair company that started last spring. I was under the impression that if I decline a job because I am booked solid and can't help them in the time frame they are looking for or whatever the case may be, they will get a message saying I cannot take the job, or this Pro is not available, or something along those lines. We have had nothing but 5 star reviews since last year. I declined a job becuase he needed it completed by a certain date and I was booked solid. I then got a bad, 1 star review from the customer saying I never responded to him. How does it work when you decline a job? I hate that I now have my first bad review when any other customer has nothing but wonderful things to say about my company. Could you please just go over this briefly tonight? Thanks!

davidwarner
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I am a photographer that started over 3 years ago.  Thumbtack was so helpful to me and an integral part of my marketing.  I even have been Top Pro for all of that time.  I have been through a few price and algorithm changes but the latest structure has left me and Thumbtack going in opposite directions.  I can not justify paying up to $40 to be thrown in with dozens of others and get a rare chance to get a job that would only pay $100.  My services are not cookie cutter as I would rather have some flexibility on my bids.

Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee MarcoZ
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks, @davidwarner . And congrats on being a Top Pro!

I know there have been a lot of questions about our pricing, so I'll do my best to answer them all together.

Just as I’m sure you’re often fine tuning your pricing for your customers, we are doing the same. Today our pricing is based on a few things: what types of jobs are being requested, what those jobs are worth to our pros, how many pros offer those services, how many customers are requesting those services, and how serious the customer is. We know it isn’t perfect, and in some cases our prices are too high.  But we’re doing our best to find a fair price, that makes good business sense for our pros, and for Thumbtack.

However, we are not experts in every single category, and that is where your feedback is so important. If you feel prices are too high, tell us why. Use this online forum to explain how you price jobs, how often you need to bid on a job to get a hire, how good your ROI is on Thumbtack, etc.  Everything you post gets back to the team. We’re listening.

Finally, this isn't directed at you, @davidwarner, but for other pros who might be struggling: I suggest using all of the tools at your disposal here in this forum, as well as in our Help Center, to make sure you are getting the most out of Thumbtack. Make sure you are doing everything you can to win the job whenever you get a new lead, to make the price worthy of your investment!  I’d suggest this article on polishing your profile and this one on responding to customers as great places to start.

But most importantly, please keep the feedback coming on pricing. We're working hard on this front in particular. 

Thanks to the other pros who asked related questions about what goes into pricing:

@Puneetsghai @Kelvin @AAW @davidwarner @Kathryn @ChefZacki @SaraO @TanaCorporon @Sandman @EJ @SunsetPhoto @Chef_Aneva @WideOpen0097 @sm00thm00d @RickB @ChefTanya @Travelagent01 @Vegasminister @mrnatural803 @Lekco @wincincala2 @luckynlove @jcp @Patriotdoor @djeasycee @jrcgolf @HLProductions @Peoplespainter 

View solution in original post

jcp
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution

Pricing.  What can I say that has not already been posted all over the community board.   Many seasoned Top Pros very unhappy.  Thumbtack changed my life 4 years ago.  Now.  I am a TT top pro for over 4 years - highly successful, and I know exactly what I was paying for leads way back.  When things changed about 8-9 months ago my business dropped off 100%.  I could no longer be successful with the way I responded to leads.  The triple price - instant match - etc.  I had to stop engaging with the site because as a sole proprietor, cost to advertise is crutial and must be compared with return of investment.  It did not work for me at all.  Two weeks ago I came back to try out the promote and I am giving it 30 days to see what my results will be so I can make a judgement call.  I followed all the advice and got all the settings correctly implemented and I have to say my first week I did great!  Very happy so far.  But two more weeks to go for a true assesment.  Yes, the cost of leads are significantly higher than before but I am going to push through the 30 days.  Just so you know - I will never, never pay for a lead that is over $20 - but last week on promote I was forced to pay $26. two times - that ended my weekly budget for that particular service.  Fortunatly,  I booked one of them.  Turst me, No one on this platform should ever, ever pay more than $20 a lead regardless!  In any field.  In any service.  When I read that some pros are being charged $85?  What?  I did see one partial match come to me and the rate was $50.  Seriously, TT, we don't want to see leads that cost that much regardless.  Especially when TT allows for 8-9-10 other pros to be contacted by the customer - it reduces our odds of being booked.  That is a mathematical certainty.  My odds are better if only 3 or 4 are contacted and maybe a $50 take a chance might be worth it - well - no it wouldn't.  So the justification for higher prices because we have better chance of being hired can not be true when the odds are decreased by the amount of Pros that a customer can contact.   I am just hoping at some point TT will bring the pendulum back to the middle with prices and be fair and balanced on both sides.  Being a Videographer and Photographer - parties, events, corporate, personal, etc.  I see a lot of leads.  I believe more attention should be looked at customer budget when cost per lead is considered.  I did a corporate video last week for $350 and a birthday party for $350.  Same time at each event, same amont of editing.  But the cost of the lead was a difference of $10.  Just because its corporate doesnt mean the budgets better or the job is different.  It's still video and editing.  And corporate wants cheap too!   I would say right now - my biggest concern is that TT allows the customer to contact as many leads as they want.  TT can not say that being up against 9 others being contacted makes the lead more valuable when they contact me.  It's not.  Customers should only be allowed to contact 3-4 pros for free.  That's it.  Anything else they can go do their own search on google.  Nothing upsets me more than seeing I paid $26 for a lead - oh and that is a discount price because I am on promote - and then only to see that the customer contacted a total of 7 pros.  A year an half ago that lead would have been $11-12 and only 5 of us would directly respond because they wanted that lead and read the details.  That was a fair deal.   Anyway, I am looking forward to the next two weeks to see how my 30 days goes.   Remember TT - pros on this site are mostly sole individuals, small businesses.   And most of the customers I see come to this site don't have high end budgets.