Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Buster
Level 4

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi Marco! Quick question for you. I have asked a couple different customer service reps the best way to handle this, but there doesn't seem to be an easy fix.
I have a KONA ICE truck which is a franchise. Unfortunately I can only service three zip codes. Is there a way to weed out all other zip codes from the leads I'm being sent? Any other leads from any other zip codes are worthless to me unfortunately. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have for me.
-Steve Park
0 Kudos
Raptorvalley
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Why is that when I don't pay to promote my service area doesn't matter anymore and I have customers and leads coming from over 100 miles away?
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
What advice do you have for young entrepreneur?

What has been one of the biggest lessons you’ve learned running a business?
TackMaster vaughn
TackMaster

Solved! Jump to solution
Greetings Marco,

My name is Vaughn and I’ve been a Thumbtack pro since 2013. Thumbtack has made many changes to the way pros interact with potential leads, with some being improvements and others making us feel isolated and less personal. How will y’all plan to balance this as the company grows as well as markets shifting?
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee MarcoZ
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for this question, @vaughn.  And thanks for all of your partnership with our team. We're really proud to have you as one of our first TackMasters on Thumbtack.

There were a few questions about what we're working on, so let me try to answer all of those together:

Ultimately, the main things on our roadmap are some of the things I’ve mentioned elsewhere on this thread: improving targeting so that you can get more of the right types of jobs, improving lead quality so that you get value out of Thumbtack, improving profiles so that you can better showcase your work (and make Thumbtack feel more personal!), and improving prices so that they’re fair.  

At the end of the day, we know we have a lot of work to do to set you up for success and give you the tools you need to build your business on Thumbtack.  That’s where we’re focused.

Beyond that, we want to grow, too.  We want to make Thumbtack a household name and a branded destination.  We want to make it the first and only place anyone would ever go to hire a great pro for whatever project they might have on their to-do list.  In doing so, we’ll get more customers using Thumbtack, which means more jobs for you all.

But as I mentioned above: we’re in this together.  We can’t succeed unless you succeed. And that’s why you got to keep the feedback coming.  What else should be on the roadmap? Where else would you like to see us focus? What can we do to make Thumbtack feel more personal as we grow?

Thanks to the other pros who asked related questions about where we're headed @FranciscaRogelZ @bg @Drummerpro @lar @aai-sanantonio @SharonM7 @LZDNVG @MidknightGenius 

View solution in original post

BrokawLawn
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Why isn't there a forum to answer customer's questions faster & cheaper when it's clear they're looking for advice/suggestions, and aren't looking for a specific job? 

I've seen requests where the customer is just wanting advice as to whether it's the correct time of year for a certain lawn-related job to be performed. I've had to not respond because doing so would cost the price of a lead. I don't care about making sure the customer knows my company or business X responded. Let us answer anonymously, I don't care. I just want the customer to be serviced and satisfied when they use Thumbtack.

MR
Level 11

Solved! Jump to solution

@BrokawLawn This is a great suggestion! All too often we wind up paying for a lead that just has a simple question and has no intention of hiring the pro.

I will say that the other lead companies I work with will give a 100% credit for these sorts of requests. 

BrokawLawn
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

What are you going to do to protect us as business owners from customers who don't pay or threaten to give a lower review? I've had a couple jobs where I've lost several hundreds dollars because the customer never paid. Thumbtack's response was to only ban the user. How does that help me when I'm out money? I've also had customers where additional material/resources were needed. The response was if I dont eat the cost they will give a lower review because the job 'wasn't done'. How does that incentivize us to spend money on this site when there are similar sites out there? 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@BrokawLawn @Atlas51 I understand how frustrating it can be when a customer doesn’t pay. @CLGPatrick, one of the pros here in the Community, shared some great advice on how to handle these situations. Be sure to check that out here!
Upon that, if a customer ever threatens that they’ll leave you a bad review to avoid payment, please take a screenshot of that communication and let us know. That’s definitely not something we want to happen and will see what we can do to help. 

Sandman
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I am a deck builder. Over the last year, my deck leads fees have increased considerably. Though I understand this , I feel that they have spiked a little too high at this point. In addition, your fee structure does not differentiate between a deck build and a repair causing me to dismiss any repairs due to the inability to make a profit from them (i.e.- repair a few boards on a 300+sqft deck costs me 75% of my profit in thumbtack fees.

Secondly, I feel it is only fair to charge the fee to the builder that received the job. Not ALL whom reply. This is where most of my losses in profits come from. I'll happily pay a fee for a job I get, but I don't feel that you charge and collect five $75 fees and only one contractor actually gets the work to justify the fee.

Can we please work on formulating a more accurate and affordable fee structure?