Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Thumbtack Employee MarcoZ
Thumbtack Employee

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution

There were a few questions related to quick replies, so I thought I'd address those here.

There is no way around it - we all expect a quick and easy experience whenever we go online. Potential clients on Thumbtack are no different, which means we need to provide them with the tools they need to get to you as quickly as possible. They are busy just like you! That's why we created quick replies; to make it easier for them to reach out and move to hire pros like you. 

We also provide pros like you with similarly convenient tools - Saved Replies - so that you can save time when responding to clients. We know you wear a lot of hats and that your time is limited, and we have incorporated that feedback into this new tool. You can see more information about that change here.

Some of the frustration around quick replies is often related to frustration around customer responsiveness more broadly.  We understand how frustrating it can be when a potential client doesn’t respond after they have sent a reply - whether it's a quick reply or a custom reply. We are working on ways to better engage our customers and better connect them to you. We have heard some great feedback on this topic from our pros - and we are working to incorporate that feedback to make Thumbtack even better for you. In the meantime, check out this helpful article. And keep the feedback coming! We're listening closely on this topic in particular. 

Thanks to these pros who asked related questions and shared their thoughts about quick replies:

@Kathryn @Marty_Stump @Hankster @DJStevie @lclifephotos @zona5101 @StoriesUpSTL 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
JenBrookman
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

The quick replies aren't working for the Graphic Design industry.  I'm spending much more money than I was before Promote was available in my category (which I'm sure Thumbtack is excited about), but I'm landing about 10% of the jobs that I was before.  Most leads ghost me.  And I have yet to receive a lead, in MONTHS that I actually would have chosen to bid on. 

Transitioning to Promote last fall was essentially the same as being laid off right before the Holidays.  It was devestating to my family and I.  In order to even receive leads, I had to lower my hourly rate by 65%.  Then I pay and get ghosted.  I couldn't care less about the discount.  In the middle of this, I was asked for my mailing address, so TT could send me a Christmas card.  TT also took away my personal rep, who was trying to help me figure out a way to become more visible.  We're still trying to recover, and I'm trying to find a way to transition away from Thumbtack.  I feel so taken advantage of, and I also feel like a total tool for even sticking around, but I had put so much trust in TT in the past, that I put too many eggs in that basket.  Pros are becoming emotionally exhausted, and completely burnt out with this system.  But also feel the pressure to stay, because it USED to work, and MIGHT again someday.  

Thumbtack has been wonderful for me, my business, my family...  But it's not anymore.  I used to happily recommend TT to other entrepreneurs.  I wouldn't dream of it now.

I guess my question is: Would TT ever be willing to use different systems within different pro categories?  I had a fighting chance when I was paying when clients responded to bids.  The current system is broken for my industry.

DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@MarcoZ 

Quick replies aren't working for me either! I was hoping that you addressed my questions and concerns as @JasonB said that ALL questions would be answered. No offense, but it just adds to my frustration.  I've given my feedback as to what I'd like to see for Promote months ago, but nothing has been mentiioned to me if and when that will be reviewed by Thumbtack.

If you @MarcoZ have a chance to get back on this thread, please address my questions and concerns. A reply would be greatly appreciated. The Moderators have been trying to help as did @DustiO , but it is more than frustrating when I'm number one in search results in my area and not even a booking in 2 weeks. And when a customer sends a conversation starter, they have been given other Pros to reach out to "just in case".

Thumbtack Employee MarcoZ
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

There have been a few questions about the calendar, so let me try to respond to some of those together:

I know it can be extremely frustrating when you are matched with a job on a date where you are not available. Be sure that you are using all of the tools available to you in your Thumbtack account to keep your calendar up to date. Remember that the calendar feature is a separate feature from your business hours.

Q&A!.png

If you are still matched with a job on a date where you were marked as busy, please go to our new in-product refund help and let us know. We'll take care of it.

As for the ability to sync with other calendars, we are working on this, thanks to feedback we’ve received from many of you. 

Overall, updating your calendar and other functionality related to availability is definitely a priority of ours. So stay tuned for more news here soon. And if you have specific questions about your calendar or availability, let @Meckell and @Kameron know. They'll also log all of the feedback you've shared about calendar and availability, so that it gets passed along to the relevant teams.

Thanks again for participating and please keep the questions coming!

Also, thank you to these pros who asked related questions about calendar and availability @Lai  @JHampOfficiant @pastadeej @JeCroisbeauty @Markoharps @lclifephotos @bev @TrainerDad @LindaZ 

View solution in original post

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Marco Q&A. Congratulations to @voicecoachlisa - you are the winner of the $100 Thumbtack credit. You'll see this in your account here shortly. 

Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution

Wow! That's fabulous! Thanks so much!

Voice Coach Lisa Marie

jcp
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution

This is regarding OVERNIGHT PAID LEADS with PROMOTE.   I am trying out Promote for 30 days to see the numbers and if this platform can be a viable investment as it once was.  I learned something every day about this Promote that was confusing before so I want to make this clear to all.  I have my business hours listed as 7am - 10pm - with the belief that I would not get any Paid Promote leads overnight.  Because those are the hours listed as my availability.  When I walk through the steps of setting up my promote page with a customer service person - this is what they informed me - or what I was led to belive would happen.  I woke up this morning to see that 2 paid promote leads came in while I was sleeping.  I automatically was charged for these two.  Of course I contacted support only to find out that is not how it works.  So I could get 3, 4 or 8 leads at 3am or 4am and be charged if I am on promote.  Unless I PAUSE promote every single night to stop this from happening.  Then turn it back on every morning.  This is a lot of work staying on top of this new system.  Fix my calendar, fix my budget, turn promote on and off . . .     So this is something that I think should be known to everyone.  I made it a rule (with the old system) to never respond to requests that were from midnight to 6 am.   And I beleive it was a good choice and a good way to measure my dollars when we had the choice to pick and choose who we responded to.  Rightfully.  Now . . . . it doesn't work that way.  So - keep in mind that promote will still send you leads 24/7 regardless of what you have put in for your business hours.  Being aware of this will help with wasted advertising dollars.  Unfortunalty, you will have to monitor your promote ON and OFF diligently.  Your odds of being booked with the fierce competion means you have to respond quickly - or don't bother.  So use Promote when you have the ability to respond quickly.  Good luck everyone!  I am in my 3rd week of my trial and week 3 was not good.  I got 2 leads so far this week, both while I was sleeping, 11pm and 3am . . . .    not looking good TT.  Fingers crossed for my final 4th week assesment period.  I recommend that we have a little more control of hours.  A weekly set time that we don't want any leads overnight should be something we click on and not have to Pause and re-activate every day.  It makes me worry that when I Pause it wont quickly re-activate immediatly. 

MR
Level 11

Solved! Jump to solution

@jcp  This is indeed the case. 

For my category of legal services, the calendar is ignored as there is never a conversation as to when I am available as we set up a consultation.  So, no matter what I set, leads used to come in 24 hrs a day (You'd be amazed at how many people say they need a divorce lawyer at 3am)

Now that is all moot though as I get 0 activity through the promote channel anymore - and I am virtually always listed as 1, 2 or 3 and have promote on.. so... with promote, your mileage may certainly vary.

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you to all who participated in Marco’s Q&A. A lot of amazing questions were asked and we heard some great feedback. I hope you all had the chance to read over Marco's responses and catch a recording of the live stream. 

This thread will be closed for new comments to keep things organized and relevant in the Community. Have a great weekend!

0 Kudos