results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
JakeCarter
Level 5

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution
Well put!
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@Lar 

Excellent questions!!! Looking forward to what the responses will be.

0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution

Does anybody know how we will actually see the responses??? 

0 Kudos
kathy
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

As a remote (mostly Test Prep) tutor, I know I am not in one of your hundreds of largest Pro markets. Will you continue to try to custom serve all Pro/Customer categories - a monstrous task! that has inevitably led to huge delays (5 months for Instant Match), poorly co-ordinated platform changes (Instant Match became beta beta Promote in 3 weeks) for the smaller Pro categories or will you transparently communicate when some categories will not be able to be serviced (temporarily or permanently) in the future?

(I depend on thumbtack for 75% of my business but spend far more time dealing with system/platform issues than actually "working" - I've been hanging on for > a yr of countless timely improvement promises - and received just the opposite. Please be honest about your bandwidth/willingness to devote resources to smaller Pro categories.

Respectfully,
Kathy Cadigan (Top 5 promoted Test Prep tutor - w/ few matches and wrong expensive leads lately - despite a "great looking Profile')
Hankster
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution

I hear you. Loud & clear. I've suggested this for 10 years now! If we're paying for a lead then we should have their e-mail address & home number. These leads that we get today aren't cheap!

ReeseTee
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

Here is my question for Marco:

"Would you submit to a polygraph from a respected outside agency and answer questions about whether or not you, or people you know, are generating fake leads within Thumbtack"?

I have been with TT since 2013, and have around 388 hires (and another 80+ repeats). While I am dubious. A great many TT Pro's seem to be making this claim.  A little too many to discount as outliers, or crazy mental case people.

This is a sore spot for a great many TT Pro's. If you do not believe me; make it a question in your official survey's.

CC33
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes, I can't help but suspect that to date the leads I've paid for have come directly via Forrest Lawn cemetery.

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@ReeseTee @CC33 I can assure you with the utmost certainty that this is not something we do at Thumbtack. There are those instances where a pro may be contacted from multiple customers to then not hear back and we understand how this can lead to feeling discouraged. Marco did mention in one of his answers during the Q&A that we're working to come up with solutions to try and make these occur less often. We'll be posting the recording of the Q&A soon. 

I also want to share that we've seen customer responsiveness increase a great deal for pros with a higher profile score, reviews, ranking, and response time. So working as hard as you can to improve these as you go will help you likely see a difference. Response time especially has been a huge indicator. When compared to responding after 2 hours or more, if a pro responds in one hour they are 20% more likely to hear back from the customer, and 50% more likely when within 5 minutes.

Lastly, in the case that pro may get a lead or job that seems a bit off,  please use these steps to let us know about it so we can help: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/reporting-suspicious-activity

0 Kudos
ReeseTee
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

So: That would be a "NO"? Marco Z will not submit to an independant polygraph exam regarding the issue of someone within Thumbtack deliberately generating fake leads?

It was a pretty straightforward question.  Did not need a lot of hype about statistics.

This is a sore point with a tremendous number of Thumbtack Pro's. Ignoring me is not going to make the issue go away.

Reese T. March 25, 2019

MR
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution

I have to chime in on this. While I have posted several posts describing issues where TT can improve, I am in the camp that firmly believes that TT is not sending me fake leads. If they did, and when that is truly proven, they would find themselves headed out of business really fast. The lead generation space is extremely competitive and there are a lot of good players. The pressure to excel increases every day. I am very certain that if they were fabricating leads, that would be the beginning of the end. TT's competition would love nothing more for this to be true.. and if it were I am confident it would have been surfaced by now.

That said, I agree that there are issues with ghost leads and perhaps leads not returning to the site to followup with pros. That does seem to be a big problem that Marco did briefly acknowledge in the recent webinar.  Fixing something like that is not easy because it is more than a system issue - but it does need to be fixed.

Anyway, my point is that I for one am confident the ghost leads are not TT generated. They are real leads just  getting lost somehow in a system that needs to be improved.