Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution

@LP @KevinSPhoto this is something that I've begun to hear from other pros as well. It's certainly a valid idea and I've made sure to pass along your feedback about it. 

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution
If the lead reaches out using one of the conversation starter questions we get charged. In the DJ category it can be anywhere from $20 up to $40 bucks and not get a leads phone number. The leads do not know that we get charged when they contact us. You should see some of the surprised reactions when I tell leads that have hired me how the process works on the service pro end when they ask me. Throw us a bone! If the customer reaches out using the conversation starter then make it mandatory that they provide an email address and phone number. They've gone through the process of taking their time & reviewing the service pros they are interested in. What's the big deal at that point in having them provide their contact information?
2nice
Level 4

Question for Marco

Solved! Jump to solution
When will Thumbtack have the ability to share calendars with Google calendar
CharlesL
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

For those of us using the "promote" option, why should we have to pay as soon as someone "contacts" us? In my experience, when I view the competition insights I invariably see that they also contacted several other pros. That means every one of us paid you and yet only one will get the job and only one had an actual shot at getting the job.

Your users rarely take the time to actually view my profile or website to see if they really want to hire me and they also don't know my fee until they contact me and get the automated response with my estimate. Yet, I have to pay even if once they see my estimate it's more than they wanted to pay.

Initial contact should be free and we should only be charged if we respond to that contact to begin a conversation. That would give us the chance to see exactly what they wanted and what their budget was. If their budget was too low or their description was something we weren't interested in doing, we wouldn't respond to their contact and shouldn't have to pay.

djeasycee
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Can you talk about how prices are set?

Solved! Jump to solution
Are you using more than 1 model for different catagories?

It seems, from reading forums, that some pros are still able to quote on individual leads.

I, myself, am not able to interact until a user contacts me. I no longer have any control and leads are down 95%. (Many pros agree)

How can you think that this is good for my or any other business?

Solved! Jump to solution
I’d love to have industry based communities that could be made up of complimentary competitors — like Getting Married or Just Bought a House or DYI Designer etc and have collections of related professionals that keep clients sifting through suggested professionals in related categories to help clients stay and “shop” — ex. Bride wants a DJ but then after she puts a request out TT suggests, Have you Booked Your First Dance? And then it feeds the bridge dance teachers. It would be great for the bride, TT and Pros. Then — what about community based gatherings like all SF Based or Marin County Based Wedding professionals have industry night at a Wedding Event Venue sponsored by TT. Ideas! What do you think, Marco?! Two ideas that would help the full circle involved — client, Pro, TT and beyond. Thank you!
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@JasmineWorrell thank you so much for sharing! I could certainly see the advantage of sharing similar categories of pros to certain customers. As for events, we've had a few this year already have only just begun our efforts to have pro related events and functions so keep an eye out for more in the future. 

Kartisme01
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
What is going on with the location on our profile it keeps sending me a hour away from jobs. Also is face painting in my area on strike or no longer exists because I have not gotten a job since January on Thumbtack.
PestbyMD
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
It seems like Thumbtack is making constant changes to its platform and the Service Pros very rarely or never get notified, will thus change or are there any plans to do so?