results: 10
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
WendeePease
Level 5

Re: Have a question for Marco?

Solved! Jump to solution
Do customers know that if they respond to tell us they chose someone else we get charged for bidding on their job, but if they say nothing then we aren't charged?

Are there plans for pros to be able to set minimum requirements for their bid request? ie when a client requests 1 face painter for 20-40 guests to be face painted in 1 hour it isn't physically possible. That may be possible with glitter tattoos (I'm not sure because I don't do that) but that isn't/shouldn't be part of the face painting category. When requests come in like this I don't bid. Sometimes I respond to the "tell us why" link that goes to TT. Do clients get our response as to why they're getting no bids?

I won't be able to attend more than 30 mins of the Q&A. Will I still be entered into the drawing?
0 Kudos
SunsetPhoto
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
As a Top Pro photographer that had been a TT user since 2017 I have seen some of the good and some of the bad off TT...

My question is when a potential lead wants family portraits done and didn't know to use the portrait photography label it wedding and events label... The client doesn't know there is a cost difference to the Pro if they label their job wrong... I pay $6-7 for Portraits and $10-15 for Wedding and Events even though the price would be there same for the client wanting family portraits done... Is there a way for TT to reevaluate how they label the jobs so the client clearly knows which label to choose and if they choose wrong is there a way for us as Top Pro's to get TT to change it after we have been hired...

Also, I firmly believe if a client is wanting to hire a pro they should have to give at least an email if not a contact number... Too many times we as Pro's have to decide whether to choose from responding to a lead because we don't know if it will result in a job or not...

Lastly, can we bring back where we can see if the client has responded to another Pro and if they hired that Pro... When a Client doesn't mark a pro as hired we as Pro's are left in limbo not knowing...

Thanks for your time and hopefully we as a community can work with TT to keep growing in a positive manner!!!

Christopher
Sunset Photography
Gulf Breeze, FL

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree with SunsetPhoto.  Also the only repsonses I have been receiving is "____ canceled their request" but then I go to the lead and it says they hired another pro.  Which is true?? Also, I would love to have the "____ has viewed your quote"  response which allows me to hit them up while they are shopping around instead of messaging them while they are busy elsewhere.  This tells me they are handling their wedding plans at the time they "view" my quote.  

0 Kudos
Shiftmusic
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for all you and the team do Marco. I appreciate how you are continually attempting to make improvements and offer a better a service. I'm grateful as I have made my living with Thumbtack for years now.

Here is my question and it his is not a complaint because I've been able to make thumbtack work for me but I am curious: Would Thumbtack be profitable if it ONLY took finder's fees from actual booked work? (as opposed to charging 5 or more pros to talk to a lead that may not book with any of them..?)

Thanks so much.
Josh

0 Kudos
bg
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
What inspired you to start Thumbtack and how hard was it getting going?
0 Kudos
Atlas51
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
How we can protect from customers we did a services and they don’t pay us? We have some customers from Thumbtack that never pay for ours services. Thank you
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Atlas51 I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened more than once. Be sure to check out our Help Center article that I've attached with tips on how to make sure you receive payment for the work you do. If you have any current issues receiving payment from Thumbtack customers, contact us with the link at the bottom of the page.

https://help.thumbtack.com/article/receiving-payment-for-a-project

Salah968
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
As a Top Pro, is there anyway to become partner or shareholder on Thumbtack?
0 Kudos
EJ
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi Marco,

I understand that Thumbtack is trying to make improvements and must at times make changes with short or no notice. However, there are some flaws in the system and I am being overcharged for bids that dont fall into the correct category. Could you please reevaluate your prices? I'd love to share some samples of where I found flaws. Also, please offer refunds where they are due.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
Can there be an easier way built into the Pro App for credits to be issued for customers who do not respond or respond “no thanks”. Also, can the app be updated to have the option to sort by town/city name along with the zip code?
0 Kudos