Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33701: Fraudulent leads?
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged

How I compare with other pros

I must admit that I am very confused about how the pro photographer ratings are calculated.  a few months ago i was always on the first page but now I am on the third page of pros.  I see pros who have no hires or only a few hires on Thumbtack rated higher than me.  I just don't understand the criterion used to rate these beginners above me.  Can someone break it down so I can understand and get back on the first page?

States
5 responses

Re: How I compare with other pros

@Alex310Photos where you rank is determined by a few things, which you can read about in the Help Center article, My rank in search results. You may see newer pros rank higher for a few days, and that's because we want to give them a chance to succeed on Thumbtack. They won't, however, stay high on the list if they don't build their profile, get reviews, ect.

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos

@Meckell I have seen Pros with far less time on TT, far fewer reviews and very few hires placed ahead of me for months. My belief is that they spent more than me and got the extra rank boost. I see in my insights frequently that "popular Pros in my area" are either newbies without any hires or Pros well outside a 50 mile radius. I never was given an explanation. I just assumed that ranking is correlative to spending. Maybe I'm wrong. I can't say with certainty either way.

0 Kudos

@ChefOfAllSeason how much a pro spends has no effect on their ranking. Be sure to check out the article I linked above for more info on what's factored into ranking. If you have any questions regarding your specific rank, be sure to reach out to our support team and they'd be more than happy to help you out. 

0 Kudos

@Meckell I appreciate the suggestion; I have read the article over a dozen times since its publication. After a few queries with Support these past months, can't say anyone at Thumbtack has answered these questions. It might be a spending criteria. I hope very much that some evidence is presented to the contrary.

Thanks for the insight but that doesn't clear up the problem. I understand giving new people a chance but should it be at the expense of seasoned pros? I worked very hard to achieve Top Pro ranking only to see my profile fall off the front page. I have never had anything but 5 star reviews but now I'm listed on page three in several categories. What was all the hard work for?