Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
HansenJC
Level 10

How can I audit my response time for specific job posts?

This morning I was out on a job. I received two messages that looked like leads, and I had my Android Phone. I declined both of them from my phone.

I went back to work feeling that I had responded within the required four hours. Now that I am home, I receive a new email nudging me to respond. I log in with my desktop and see the same two leads that are way over four hours old so I decline them a second time.

Now my response time had dropped below 75%.

Is there any way to get the Android app to reliably decline leads? How will I ever get to Top Pro when I use the Android App?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Occupations (1)
States
6 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: How can I audit my response time for specific job posts?

@HansenJC did you have a stable internet connection when you were out on a job? A lot of the times that errors like this happen, it's usually due to not having a stable internet connection on your mobile device. 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

@Meckell  Yes, the connection was and typically is 5 bars. I can see three cell towers from that location which is the interchange of two expressways. Most of the Chicago area is well covered. But that does not mean my carrier Verizon was performing properly that day.

However, you have still not addressed the question of auditing my response time. Failure of any one system should still have a backup or a way to audit the conditions we experience.

As a note, I find this morning that the Android app seems to function differently requiring two presses of the "Pass" function found on two screens.

I went through all of the troubleshooting steps but I did not actually see an update of the App. It is a challenge to check what version we have. (Again, this is a need to "audit" the version number)

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Moderator Meckell

@HansenJC there is not the option to audit your response time. I understand the frustration behind this situation, but because the leads didn't get passed on (could be due to connection error or not going through the two-step "pass" process that you discovered this morning) there isn't a way for us to go back in the system and say that it did.

To become a Top Pro, you need to respond within 4 hours 75% of the time, so I truly don't think this is going to negatively affect you if you're responding in 4 hours to all of your other leads. 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

@MeckellPlease add this as a formal request. Pros need to be able to audit the perfomance of the software. We need to audit the status of every opportunity. And we need to count on the reliablitiy of the software and the systems to perform as expected.

And now that I have "learned" that the one button to "decline" was not the official or final step in declining or "Passing" on a lead, and that I have to "decline" to get the screen where I must then "pass", I am asking that this too be changed. If you think I need to be given a chance to "confirm" declining a lead, that seems reasonalble, but why so many steps? Using a smart phone to replace the functionality of a computer needs to work with fewer steps, not more steps. Put this in as a formal request that the Android should be re-programed to a simple one-step decline/pass so that I can get back to the work that is making me money.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

@HansenJC It wil be interesting to see what others report, but I had an android phone for the last couple of years and the consistency between the data on the phone and the website was always really poor.  Nothing seemed to match up. 

I have now moved to an IPhone (for a lot of reasons) and will say that the consistency now is great. 

This is not just a TT issue though as Android is much harder to develop on as there are so many versions of the OS out there on so many different hardware platforms it really is a constantly moving target. IOS is so much more consistent in the install base that develepors have to deal with.

DJStevie
Level 12

@HansenJC 

I have an Android as well. Sometimes the App works correctly, other times it doesn't..even after rebooting the phone, updates, etc. I try not to worry about responding while out on a DJ event, as I have my phone off for various reasons. But my response time during the week offsets those that I am unable to respond to in the timely manner that TT suggests.

Also, since my office is in my home, I have the luxury of using my laptop during the course of the day. And I am able to use the TT website better than with my phone.

DJ Stevie 9-10-2019