Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
HansenJC
Level 10

How may we as a Pro test the functionality of TT when used as a Job Poster?

There is very little knowledge of what the Job Poster experiences that the Pros can use to our benefit.

How can we as Pros assume the role of a Job Poster to test the TT functionality without costing other Pros any money? How can it be done without breaking the 'Rules' or any Terms of Use?

How can we get the knowledge that is not found in the Help files or via Live Chat (or the forum; or the Water Cooler)?

The real issue is the TT Help Files are not doing the job. And the Insight is not insightful.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Occupations (1)
States
7 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: How may we as a Pro test the functionality of TT when used as a Job Poster?

@HansenJC The best way is by using Thumbtack as a customer. When you have a project that needs to be done, try Thumbtack to find a pro. That way, you get a project done and can pay attention to the functionality. Aside from that, if there are specific questions you have that are not included in the Help Center we have other resources for you to utilize. You can ask Kameron or me, and even our support team. After all, that's what we're here for! 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

I have no project.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@HansenJC 

Back in March, @DustiO posted this contest to use Thumbtack as a customer.

https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/The-water-cooler/New-Contest-Use-Thumbtack-as-a-Customer/td-p/219...

I didn't participate because I wasn't going to inadvertently click on something to have a Pro be charged, if I was just seeing Thumbtack from a Job Poster's eyes. I have searched as a Job Poster several times to try and understand the system, even had a friend of mine search for DJ's..after clicking on my profile and asked for my availability, he was then sent a list of other DJ's "just in case". I wasn't given a chance to reply. That was discussed in several previous threads.

But I'm with you, in perhaps Thumbtack allowing Pros to test the TT  functionality without costing Pros any money. Perhaps as a trial for a day or two, so we can better understand things, then give our input as to what is/not working

DJ Stevie 5-18-2019

HansenJC
Level 10

@DJStevie  Thanks for the reminder of past posts. I recall reading them and wanted to "see for myself" for two reasons. 1) When I see things through my own eyes, I remember them more clearly and 2) things on TT change so often, that I want to test them on a regular basis to watch for those changes. (I think we all have similar feelings about unannounced surprise changes)

Also, the help files tell us very little about how the Job Poster experience 'happens' as you and your friend have discovered.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
HansenJC
Level 10

While @Meckell shares the standard TT answer to this question, I am unsure we learn all we need to know unless we buy something.

And as we all know, to test the TT system for our own category, we would be buying something we clearly do not need. (Right?)

I would prefer a FULL test environment for my category.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
DJStevie
Level 12

@HansenJC
A full test environment is a great idea, and I would welcome one for my category too.
Thanks for suggesting it
DJ Stevie 5-20-2019
Highlighted
cranichik
Level 8

@Meckell Well, I have tried to use thumbtack as a job poster. I am a pet sitter, but I needed to go out of town and needed a pet sitter for my own dogs. I filled out the request, specifying my zip code (pet sitters do not travel far), but still got sitters suggested hours away from me! I need 3 visits a day, normal for pet sitting, so obviously you need to live close.

Why should I bother with thumbtack when I requested someone in my area, and they suggest people 100 miles and more away?? Come on, this is pet sitting!! Who is going to drive this distance, 3 times a day, for $20?

I posted on Nextdoor, for free, and got a neighborhood sitter. For this instance, thumbtack did not work for me.

cranichik 5-21-2019