results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Hankster
Level 10

I Agree To Terms & Conditions Check Box For Job Posters

I would like to suggest that job posters see a terms of use or terms of conditions box similar to the attached picture before proceeding with their job request. Many web sites out there use something similar before proceeding on their web site. I would also like to suggest that the age requirement for job posters be 21 years of age & not 18. I see way too many garbage job leads come in my Jobs tab or via Promote now known as Targeting. I've had job leads from 16 year old’s multiple times over the years (plural). Maybe then some of the job posters who want to submit ghost leads will think twice before doing so. Let's start thinking about protecting the service pros Thumbtack!!!!

Terms Of Use.pngTerms Of Use

7 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: I Agree To Terms & Conditions Check Box For Job Posters

@Hankster 

I like this suggestion!! It will help if they had a TOS, as we do. We had to agree to a TOS back in November so we could continue using Thumbtack. If it's a rule for us, it should be a rule for "customers" to agree to a TOS. Even though we have no way of knowing if someone is of age, but at least an agreed TOS protects Pros and even Thumbtack, same as if a Pro does wrong by our agreed TOS, that Pro gets punished.

DJ Stevie 7-30-2019

Hankster
Level 10

@DJStevie this suggestion should be at the top of the list in the robust feedback system Thumbtack has. This should implemented as part of the July or August updates in my opinion.

Hankster 7/30/19
Hankster
Level 10

Will any of the moderators acknowledge this suggestion & put it in the very robust feedback system? 

Moderator Meckell

@Hankster Thumbtack customers already do have to accept our Terms of Use before creating a request and reaching out to professionals. I'm happy to submit your feedback but do need more details. Can you expand more on why changing the age from 18 to 21 would be beneficial to pros?

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

@Meckell I get that but you're missing my point. My suggestion is to have a Terms of Use or Terms of Service box pop up like the attached picture at the beginning of the post discussion I started for job posters & have them acknowledge the terms by checking the box every time a request is submitted. Many web sites out there do this. That's my suggestion.

Hankster 8/1/19
Moderator Meckell

@Hankster thanks for expanding on this further! Your suggestion has been noted. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@DJStevie I'm happy to give you clarification on this! All users, customers and pros, have to agree to our Terms of Use in order to use Thumbtack. When we updated our terms back in November, all pros and customers had to agree to those new terms before moving forward with using Thumbtack. 

0 Kudos