Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33701: Fraudulent leads?
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
GrooveFit
Level 4

Inappropriate client

As a female trainer, I am cautious about where I meet clients. I don’t usually take clients in their 20s, but this guy seemed to genuinely want to heal and prevent pains related to his work and inactivity.

He suggested his home because of scheduling. I suggested a public place and we finally agreed to meet.

In the middle of the session he had an erection. He seemed shy and I didn’t want to embarrass him, but after I said he may feel comfortable with a male trainer. He apologized, but then asked “if I wanted to do something about it.”

I was very clear that I train. Nothing else. I left and never contacted him again.

Since then, I keep seeing his job posted for a female to do yoga and stretching with him. How could I flag this person’s request and somehow notify other female trainers before they consider this job?

I’m sure this happens often, but not sure how to handle this here.

Thanks for your help keeping everyone safe.
Thanks,
Arial
Occupations (1)
1 responses

Re: Inappropriate client

@GrooveFit 

Thank you for bringing this information to our attention. Pro and customer safety is something we take very seriously at Thumbtack. The experience you described is definitely not okay and we have zero tolerance for this behavior on our platform. Our Marketplace Trust and Safety team is entirely dedicated and trained to help with these situations. After we were made aware of your concern, I’m glad they were able to get in touch with you to discuss this and quickly take action to remove the user/customer from our platform. Thank you so much for reporting this and helping keep our community safe.

While I sincerely hope/doubt that you'll need to report a similar incident in the future, here are the necessary steps for you or any other pro reading this to report an issue  like this to us:

How to send us a report

Your reports are an important part of our trust and safety efforts and help us keep track of behavior that isn’t allowed on our site. To report something:

1. Go to your Inbox.
  2. Open the customer’s message (sorted by In progress, Hired, and Sent).
  3. Click Report.
  4. From the pop-up window, select the reason for your report.
  5. Write a short description and click Submit.

You can also contact us and our support staff directly through this page here: https://help.thumbtack.com/contact-thumbtack

Thank you again!