Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
JenMilam
Level 5

Re: Inspiration - Tell us your story.

Training dogs has always been a passion of mine. Getting into business was the hard part. How do I find clients? How do I get my name out there? All those questions a small business faces. All of my answers came when I started with Thumbtack. I literally created my profile, quoted my first job, and got it! It seemed too good to be true. It was just a way for me to do my passion as well as make a few extra dollars on the side.
2 years later I am now divorced but thanks to Thumbtack, I was able to quite my 9-5 office job, provide for my daughter and I, as well as buy my own home. I wouldn’t have believed you if you would have told me this is what was going to be happening in less than 3 years!
If you follow your passion, the rest will fall into place. I truly believe that. Thumbtack is the perfect avenue to help you make your dreams come true!
DennisHals
Level 5

Have you ever trained a wolf hybrid husky to be a working dog?

0 Kudos
JenMilam
Level 5

@DennisHals
I have not had that privilege. Just to work with a wolf hybrid would be a dream for me.
0 Kudos
DennisHals
Level 5

What city are you in?
0 Kudos
DennisHals
Level 5

Hello, I am a third gerenation flooring guy. We been in business through thick and thin opening in 1931, I have work at our business since 1983. We are a construction licensed business in Flooring. My grandfather and my dad both worked 45 years each and i’m on my 38th year. however I use computers and cell phones. They did not.
The challenges of Thumbtack not knowing anything about construction and what’s needed for estimates from client to business, there are so many different trades in floor covering, 100 different types of carpet, linoleum, vinyl sheets and hardwood, vinyl tile, what questions to ask and client to get those questions answered on the pre form so we don’t have to go to each address, gas, spend lotta overhead just to get an estimate that somebody else undercuts you so if we could ask these questions on that thumbtack page and get them answered it sure would save a lot of headaches, overhead, gas, time. especially for people like me that do not have office people I am a sole proprietor and I own and operate and run a floor covering store, and have installed 38 years all the trades and master of them .
Moderator Meckell

Hi, @DennisHals. That's so awesome that you guys have been in business all these years, definitely something to be proud of!

We're always open to feedback and would love to hear more details from you. Go ahead and send me a private message with any suggestions and I'll make sure it gets passed on to our Product Team. 

0 Kudos
DennisHals
Level 5

I have tried many times with support and they have done nothing.
call me and we can discuss or I will write you a email.
What is your email address?
mine is halscarpet@yahoo.com
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@DennisHals I just sent you a private message, respond to that when you can. I look forward to hearing from you! 

0 Kudos
DennisHals
Level 5

what is your email address?
Do you work for a Thumbtack?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Kameron

@DennisHals correct, Meckell and I both work here at Thumbtack and are here to help pros in the Community pages when we can. The best way to reach her will be through a direct message as mentioned. Just click on her picture, hit view profile, and then hit direct message. 

0 Kudos